Model Cars Magazine Forum

fuel cells

phil hibbler

theres not too much to detail really. the cap is usually either black or red with a silver colored retaining ring around it. the cells are typically black plastic these days, but were also molded in red and in a few cases a semi-translucent off white plastic. the straps should be made from steel or maybe aluminum. the top of the cell should have a vent and a return line fitting. the bottom should have 2 outlet fittings. i think it's an NHRA requirement to have a steel plate covering the bottom of the cell if it has a sump that sticks down below or through the trunk floor. some current classes are running front mounted fuel cells with the fuel pump submerged inside.

i like to use Jegs catalog's for reference when building my drag models as well as many internet sources and going to the track. my 1:1 '71 Dart has a 12 gallon fuel cell mounted in the trunk as well.

Dave

good help dave one day i will b geting a fuel cell in my rs but the guy at the speed shop said i dont need one. i have a 383 in my rs but i will get on one day and maybe one day we can race only on the streets :lol: good help

• 2 weeks later...