Model Cars Magazine Forum

Orange Pearl 1970 Chevelle SS Revell

Its a 1970 Chevelle SS 3n1 by Revell DONKS (i will NOT be using the "DONKS", LOL)

Thank you for that :D An old school being lowered= fine. Muscled up=fine. Customized=fine. Raised up and put on rediculous sized wheels=NOOOOOOOOOOO :blink:

Like that paint color! Will that be over a white or silver base?

Thank you for that :D An old school being lowered= fine. Muscled up=fine. Customized=fine. Raised up and put on rediculous sized wheels=NOOOOOOOOOOO :blink:

Like that paint color! Will that be over a white or silver base?

LOL, yeah I just don't understand "Donks"

As far as the paint color goes, I will be using fluorescent (neon) Orange as a base coat,

then followed by 2-3 light coats of "Inca Gold Metallic" (by folk art)

This should give me a nice pearl look to my paint, (I hope)

Thanks for checking it out

Am I the only one that doesn't see any pics on this thread? I've loaded others and saw pics just fine.. Just not on this thread.. Anyways... from everyone's responses.. it "SOUNDS" like it looks really nice..

Sorry I didn't realize that some people cant see youtube videos (who knew?)

Hear are a few photos of the Chevelle after applying a few coats of the Inca Gold Metallic Paint (over the neon orange base)

(I hope you can see these)

IMG_5826.jpg

IMG_5827.jpg

Thanks everyone for the nice comments and the views.

I'll be clear coating this weekend!!!!!!!!!!! (then we can get a real look at the finish)

You tube..... that explains it... I was looking at this while at work, and for some reason the proxy server I use to "surf" at work has recently blocked access to youtube, espn, imdb,etc...

Any who.... that does look stunning! There's just something about pearl orange...

• 2 weeks later...

Hey whats up guys, so this project have been on the back burner for a few weeks (while I've been trying to finish other models)

So here are some photos that show the car with clear coat on it, and some wheels I was trying out for fun (still not sure what the stance should be for this car yet)

IMG_5847.jpg

IMG_5829.jpg

Also check out some of the videos earlier in the post to get a better view

Edited by Model Car Kustoms

I Really like your vids man. Althoug i think they could be a little longer about 4/5 minutes instead of 3 or 4 seperate video's.

I also like the color looks great on this car!

lol, I wish they would be a little longer too, but I just run out of stuff to talk about, (in hindsight I always could have said more, but I try to cover the "things I forgot" in the next video) Thanks for watching.

Great work paint.

Thank you Sir.

check it out, just painted the under side of the chevelle

http://youtu.be/LoqeQFZMuf4