Model Cars Magazine Forum

Aoshima BRZ STI Concept

martinfan5

The underside will look very realistic. That pan is VERY prominent on the 1:1. See here.

med_gallery_8985_809_60449.jpg

gallery_8985_809_22336.jpg

Kool! Diggin' the ref! Wouldn'a guessed the metal finish on that pan.

Meantime, I'm diggin' how well those factory robotic spray guns are just totally eliminating the body-color overspray... :rolleyes:

Y'know, if I just felt like sending in some horse-scat to an editor somewhere about how all modern factories are now using anodized steel floorpans just because I had a little wedgie about how other builders finished their models, I wonder how many people would buy it just because it was printed...

I was waiting since August 2012. I think it was worth the wait. It's a rare car in Australia. Mine is number 499.

I remember reading that the all the Subarus sold out very fast , I dont remember what all the details. You got lucky on getting yours, I believe Australia is only getting the Subaru and not the 86

So how do you like driving it? , good to hear that you happy and the wait was worth it , if I am ever down under, I am going to have to come by and see I can take her for a spin :lol:;)

Well, the Scion version will be my next car if all plans go well. Being that I work for Toyota Finance, of the cars in my price range that is the one that I am most excited about. IE: I can not afford anything like the Lexus ISF, or LFA etc etc. LOL

I almost got it last year, but we bought a house instead, so my new cars plans went on hold for a bit.

Edited by Modelbuilder Mark

Well, the Scion version will be my next car if all plans go well. Being that I work for Toyota Finance, of the cars in my price range that is the one that I am most excited about. IE: I can not afford anything like the Lexus ISF, or LFA etc etc. LOL

I almost got it last year, but we bought a house instead, so my new cars plans went on hold for a bit.

Mark, you just became my new best friend :lol:

Edited by martinfan5

I remember reading that the all the Subarus sold out very fast , I dont remember what all the details. You got lucky on getting yours, I believe Australia is only getting the Subaru and not the 86 So how do you like driving it? , good to hear that you happy and the wait was worth it , if I am ever down under, I am going to have to come by and see I can take her for a spin :lol:;)
Toyota released the 86 in Australia as well. World wide there are 10 toyotas/scions for 1 subaru. In Australia both the Toyota and subaru are sold out and have a waiting list that is a minimum of 6 months. I love driving it. Handles very well. I test drove or looked at a lot of cars before deciding to buy the BRZ. The cars included mazda mx5, vw golf gti, mazda rx8, subaru wrx, vw scirocco second hand and new. It could sound better but I'm not spending more money for a while. I want to keep it original as it is rare enough. If you come to Oz look me up. Ben

• 2 months later...

Well....as of last week...The 1:1 version of the Scion FRS is in my garage! Yes!!!

Drove it home one night after work last week! I will post up some pictures later. Now..I have to pick up some Ultramarine so I can paint my model to match.

Congrats Mark, cant wait to see some pics, now to go see what color looks like that goes with that name

Scale finishes has the color

Edited by martinfan5

Well....as of last week...The 1:1 version of the Scion FRS is in my garage! Yes!!!

Drove it home one night after work last week! I will post up some pictures later. Now..I have to pick up some Ultramarine so I can paint my model to match.

Aren't you the lucky Dog..

You must be a youg buck.

Cause I almost bought one. Dang close too..

Too low and small for me.. or I'm too big. :rolleyes:

Great car tho.. 20yrs younger and I'd bought one.. :D

Aren't you the lucky Dog..

You must be a youg buck.

Cause I almost bought one. Dang close too..

Too low and small for me.. or I'm too big. :rolleyes:

Great car tho.. 20yrs younger and I'd bought one.. :D

LOL, I wish I were a young buck, as it is I am only young at heart. I have a 47 yr old body, with ruptured discs in my back to boot, soooo...I get in and out real careful, no rush! LOL .Oh, and I am somewhat short, only 5'7". I have wanted this car since I saw the prototype. Could not make it happen last year when it came out, but this year, things just aligned, and I figured if I were ever going to make it happen, this was the time.Keep in mind, I work for Toyota Financial, if it were not for that I could not have swung it either. Employee discounts are a good thing.

My biggest regret about it, you really can not (should not) drive it the way you are tempted to on the road, and I am not a member of the SCCA or similar. That may have to change at some point. Over time, I would like to upgrade the exhaust, a wee bit more grumble. :-)

med_gallery_8985_809_338119.jpg

med_gallery_8985_809_829788.jpg

And, could not resist, it was warm today! LOL

med_gallery_8985_809_319981.jpg