Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 2013 Car Kit Releases

fastram

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There goes next years budget!!! I didn't see that Jeep coming!! Nice tires!!

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There goes next years budget!!! I didn't see that Jeep coming!! Nice tires!!

This looks like the LORA CROFT, TOMB RAIDER Jeep. They are very nice tires and wheels.

I think you should change the title of this thread.... NOTHING has been released & none of these kits will be released this year. Most are many.many months away from actually hitting store shelves. If you go to the Kit Review section of this forum you will see there are at least 3 threads running, concerning these new releases by Revell. All the information & details on the kits is in those threads...

So your thread is a little behind the 8 ball...

Dan

Danny, I posted this because it's the video that Revell itself released on YOUTUBE where I first saw it and thought others would be interested in putting some of these kits on their radars. I'm am glad there are other threads with more details to augment the visuals of the Revell You Tube video.

We seemed to do just fine here last year with the "New Revell kits for 2012" topic, then starting a new, individual topic for each specific kit as it came closer to being released, but if anyone wants to start a topic on a specific kit months before it's released, please do. The Rat Roaster Kit Review topic is a good example of why threads started months before a kit is released holds value for many people.

What is that..power point? LOL! I figured the police expedition would just be a poor lightbar...and they stole the Taurus/Explorer promo vehicle markings....So happy to see the Tomb Raider jeep in plastic. Too bad it's a curbside. But there's tons of versions I have planned for it:)

S'cool Bus !!! I've been wanting to build that again ; I had it back in circa 1976 , and at 6 years old , I couldn't finish building it :mellow: .

Also , isn't the Vandal schedulled for release this year ?

That ZL-1 Camaro (?) is going to end up in my collection as well (still have to buy one of the COPO Nova kits ...) .

Thanks much for sharing this with us , Doc !

KUDOS to Revell !!

I know that someone with a better memory than me will correct me, but the only 1/25 scale '57 Chevy drop top I can remember came from AMT, & it was a downsize of their 1/16 kit, but yet Revell has this kit listed for release next year, & it doesn't say that it is new tooling. Something wrong with their listing, or did they release this in the '60's, (I was there but most of it was spent in a party atmosphere,& I don't really remember it all) & I forgot about it?

So happy to see the Tomb Raider jeep in plastic.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see it stated anywhere this kit is going to be all-plastic...ditto for the '77 T/A. I think we're going to get unassembled kits with die-cast bodies for these two, just like before.

what scale is that army wrecker truck?

1/35 scale, VERY cool kit with working steering, working rear suspension, working outriggers and functioning wrecker boom. It has been issued several times as a military wrecker and once as a funky civilian wrecker in white with chrome parts.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see it stated anywhere this kit is going to be all-plastic...ditto for the '77 T/A. I think we're going to get unassembled kits with die-cast bodies for these two, just like before.

I'll still get the Jeeps again, for parts alone. But what would lead you to believe Revell would revert back to the diecast bodies, when they've already turned most of them versions into plastic kits? With the "exclusive details" tags on the vid, I would have thought they would point that out as one.

Hope they include the 38 nose in the panel like the truck reissue!

I'll still get the Jeeps again, for parts alone. But what would lead you to believe Revell would revert back to the diecast bodies, when they've already turned most of them versions into plastic kits?

I know they converted the '68 Mustang and '70 Challenger T/A/R/T kits from diecast into all plastic, and, well, I'd rather they didn't do that ever again. I guess until I see they've specifically announced the Jeep Rubicon and '77 T/A have been converted to "all plastic", I will assume they'll be reissued as they were previously.

I think it's kind of odd Revell would re-issue the 1/24 Monogram '78 Trans Am kit again, only to release a semi-new kit of essentially the same car in 1/25 scale, but maybe this is the 1/24 scale kit's last hurrah? Revell did have the 1/25 (former diecast) '70 Challenger in its lineup right alongside the 1/24 Monogram '70 Challenger T/A, though, so who knows.

So, is the revell 1970 Challenger r/t kit actually 1/25th scale ? if so is a plastic bodied kit ?

Yes, that's the one, and it was originally a die-cast bodied car (Vanishing Point and American Dreams packaging). There should be a review of it in this section.

There isn't anything saying they are diecast either, though. And would they list diecast kits in with the styrene? A bit strange..either way, those two are going to be interesting...I don't have the original issues of them.

Edited by Rob Hall

I swear, if I were able to do a back flip, I would do one,maybe two!! THANK YOU Moebius!!!! Looks like they may also be planning on doing a '68-'69? I especially like reading "First in a series of 1:25 scale highly detailed Ford pickup model kits". I agree 1000% with my buddy Jeff about the first generation Bronco. Is it too early to pre-order a case??

2013 may just be one of the best years yet for us!

The news of these upcoming releases are the most catastrophic news to date! This news will be the ruin of me... divorce... bankruptcy..... homelessness.... because I'll have to buy SO MANY of these new kits!!!

:wub:

i agree with all words to the upcoming kits. especially the last ones... :o ...must hold my money together...

EDIT! Also forgot to say "thank you" Steve for the pictures!

Edited by Dominik