Model Cars Magazine Forum

POLL - If a 60 - 66 8' Chevy Box Was available would you purchase it?

Resin Fleetside Box for '60-66 Chevy Truck???  

17 members have voted

1. 1. If a LWB fleetside box was available in resin or kit form, How many would you possibly be interested in purchasing?

2. 2. Would you purchase a long wheel base chassis along with the box for the conversion?

• yes
    • no - I would do my own alterations
    • No - that idea does not interest me at all
  3. 3. Would you purchase a complete resin LWB pickup kit if it was available or would you prefer to do your own conversion?

• Yes if it was reasonably priced, I
    • Yes, if it was reasonably priced - I would likely buy more than one
    • No - that idea does not interest me at all
  4. 4. Just a thought here - but would you consider buying or buy a conversion kit for these trucks to convert a Chevrolet into a GMC? I can

• Yes - I would buy at least one conversion kit
    • Yes, I would buy two or more
    • No - that idea does not interest me at all.
  5. 5. If the option was available, would you purchase at leasy one of the following:

• A big back window 60-63 cab
    • A small back window 64-66 cab
    • A cab and box with the full deluxe side trim package
    • some sort of addon kit ( if this is possible ) so you can add the deluxe side trim to your project

:D OK.. it was suggested that I put this question up as a poll so here it is. I added another question at the end regarding a conversion kit to turn a Chevy into a GMC. That would require a hood ( the turn signal lights were different on the GMC ) , grille, tailgate with GMC lettering, dashboard and appropriate emblems for the fenders and the V6 emblem for the hood. Unless of course, you were to build a Canadian GMC which had the Chevy six cylinders or V8's in them. I would think that guys who like trucks would buy this stuff.. I do believe it would be a viable market given the fact that these trucks have been issued and reissued. ;):):) Edited by impcon

C'mon guys...there's gotta be more interest in these longbeds? :lol:

I dunno..... sure seems like we are in the smallest minority in the hobby. I ain't holding my breath that anything is going to come of this at all. :( Honestly, I thought there would be more interest.... :unsure::angry: