Model Cars Magazine Forum

62 MOPAR Transporter

On 7/31/2012 at 8:03 AM, Mopar - D said:

This is my 1962 MOPAR Transporter loaded with a new load of 62 MOPARs for the dealership. This is the AITM Dodge CNT kit with a Dodge L 700 doner the trailer is the AMT transporter loaded with 2 Chysler 300 H, a Plymouth Fury and Valient plus the Dodge Dart 440. Thanks for looking and comments are always welcome. Thanks Dan

b3e9019d.jpg

921b80bd.jpg

a769ecd9.jpg

4da93ab4.jpg

dffb38a6.jpg

I grew up in Detroit from the 1940's to 1960's. I lived 3 blocks from Lynch Road Assembly (Plymouth plant),  about a 1/2 mile from Dodge Main in Hamtramck and about 4 blocks from the Packard PLant. It was an everyday event to see car haulers going up and down the local streets. Around 1957 when I turned 13 me and my friends would ride our bikes down to the loading docks and watch all the cars being loaded on the car haulers and the trains for shipment. We would pick out our favorite cars which we would buy if we were old enough and just have a great time. It was really cool to see the new cars before they hit the showrooms. Most of my neighbors worked at one of these plants and the streets were filled with Mopars. I eventually ended up working at the Chrysler Tech Centers in Highland Park and Auburn Hills Michigan for 42 years in the Motorsports department. Awesome times in the auto industry.

5 hours ago, Mopar - D said:

Francis l also have a all 68 Mopar transporter with 9 cars and a Revell transporter with 70’s Mopars. They all have Dodge cabs pulling them. 

Thanks for the info Dan!  I will dig in the section to find the original threads if you made any... I'm curious and very interested of course... ?