Model Cars Magazine Forum

PHOENIX RISING--FINISHED 9/1/2012

Dr. Cranky

All items I can easily fix. Thanks for looking over my shoulder.

Well , it's the least I can do ! The last three baby sitters quit , your last keeper is walking around in a perpetual circle ..... Somebody has to watch over you , keep you from going astray , as you put it ! Lol !

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh man, that was rough Donn!!! LOL!!!

Nope !

Not at all ! Just Virgil and I doing the usual banter thing . Lol ! One thing I can always depend on ..... Is Virgil ! Now , as to which one of us is crazier , that depends on the method or the subject matter !

Seems as of late , we're taking turns ! Lol !

Well , it's the least I can do ! The last three baby sitters quit , your last keeper is walking around in a perpetual circle .

thats from seeing him in the orange suit isint it roflmao.

Looks like I got here too late Doc, you're all sorted now :rolleyes: Looks good so far.

The new roll bar does look better. Reminds me of the one you would see on a Cobra. I am sure you are not flush mounting the roll bar but instead will be drilling holes in the body for the bars to go through. Am I correct ?

Yes, indeed.

Thanks, chaps.

Are you going to run the roll bar through the body and attach to the frame? It would look more authentic if it didn't bolt to the body.

"I'm just sayin', ya'know". I don't know what the scale size is for your roll bar, but it does look pretty beefy.

This is going to be a beast. I'm watching this one through.

Nice work Doc but if you're going to race that car in NHRA it won't pass the tech inspector.....The cage has to be inside the car.

It also won't be a "gasser" by NHRA rules. T-Birds ran in "Modified Sports". Very similar rules as the Gas classes, but it was a separate category.

All right, maties, here is some progress . . . I am really digging this build, although it is a lot of hard work to clean up and smooth these parts, make the mods, but you know I ain't complaining, beginning with the beautiful tubbed 66 Nova Street Machine:

I made one of these for the bench so that I can always measure and tub other vehicles . . .

IMG_0022-vi.jpg?1346014567

Started to work on the chassis . . .

IMG_0023-vi.jpg?1346014570

Shortened the 41 Willys chassis and radiator by a few scale inches . . . .

IMG_0024-vi.jpg?1346014573