Model Cars Magazine Forum

SHOW US YOUR STYRENE GLORY IN PRIMER!

Dr. Cranky

Here are a few of my forgotten projects. Someday, I'll get back 'round to them but hey, it's much funner to start new ones than work on older ones, right???

'34 Fastback LSR

101_0503.jpg

'34 Roadster Pickup

DSC00513.jpg

HotWheels Sooo Fast in 1/24th

DSC00644.jpg

'70s Ford Truckster

DSC00670.jpg

I have many more but these are the ones I have pictures of...

That started life as the ZZ Top Eliminator. As it sits in its box, it has a two-piece louvered belly pan, narrowed front frame to fit within the body, a substantially modified track T nose so that the wider part is on top, a Parts Pack blown hemi mated to a Ford Mark IV transaxle (mid engine, rear drive), a flip top panel on top, just like the name-sake HotWheel. I chopped the already chopped top and laid the windscreen back instead of cutting it down. It even has that huge intake scoop sticking out of the top. Started it for a HotWheels comunity build but life kinda got in the way.

this is a 34 ford I have been working on for some time now, It will have hubless wheels and will use an electric motor for motivation. I am thinking about a complete carbon fiber body using decals. I might finish this someday.

IMG_0420-vi.jpgIMG_0426-vi.jpg

IMG_0422-vi.jpgIMG_0432-vi.jpg

Have two different grilles for this one is from the alumna coupe and the 2nd one was made from strips of plastic. It also has the headlights behind it as in the above picture..

IMG_0425-vi.jpgIMG_0433-vi.jpg

Brandon....... rust isnt that hard to do, especially what i did on that body.. a little practice and you could do it too.....

that build will be pretty much as is, and box stock except the detail parts i will add to it. im gonna do some of the body panels different colors, but nothing crazy.....i really havent decided yet.

cheers

bryan

This might set the record for stalled projects. I started this in the early 80's following a chop tutorial by Tim Boyd in Street Rodder Magazine. Nothing but testors tube glue and body putty in this one!

photo-vi.jpg

Edited by Draggon

Hey Doc, ya might be sorry ya started this. Heres only a sampling of my primer projects!

First up, 32 Ford

DSCN0706-vi.jpg

Next a 34 Ford

photo2-vi.jpg

And a 23 Tee

101-vi.jpg

Cop Art show car

DSCN0144-vi.jpg

Boxart 32 dragger

025-vi.jpg

Milners Revenge, Yellow primrer base for gloss yellow

DSCN0711-vi.jpg

Finally a Mongram 40 Ford, chopped, and the doors still work. That was a freakin bitch, done in the 80's with only tube glue and testors putry.

photo-vi.jpg

Thanks Brandon!

i think that panel truck kit is super hard to find now. i got lucky when i found this one, i traded some stuff for it......ill keep an eye out, and if i see one somewhere ill let you know.

i forgot to mention that the wheels in the pic with it are the ones goin on it, they came from a diecast car.

cheers

bryan