Model Cars Magazine Forum

Airfix 1914 Stutz Bearcat

GeeBee

Yeah, excellent build, as always! Your work inspires me every time, these builds are just so clean and very nicely done-subjects are interesting too. Very nice job with those red stripes, and overall clean build. From here the Alclad brass looks good too.

Impressive is an understatement. I like this one A LOT.

I used to work for a local shop that specialized in the restoring the brass era cars.,,,,and You nailed the look on this one to a T .

I followed along on the build thread and it has me looking for one of these kits do for later on.

Thanks everyone for your kind words, I really enjoyed this build, for me this build was a trip down memory lane, I built this kit first time round when it was first released here in England, (1978) I had just started work and went into town with my first wage packet to the big model shop we used to have, now the memory is a little fuzzy, as I really can't remember if I bought the '32 Chrysler or the Stutz first, and while building this one, I had flash backs to when I built this at the age of 15, in my little shed in the garden hand painting the body in bright yellow enamel, and if I say so myself I did a pretty good job of it, thanks to the old guy in the body shop at work who taught me how to thin and brush paint enamel without getting brush marks in the paint .... if I ever get my hands on another one of these kits I will be build it in the bright yellow I originally did all those years ago ....