Model Cars Magazine Forum

65 Nova Saturday Night Special

DrKerry

Really like this build! Tell us some more about it. Did you have to reposition those rear wheel openings on the Rat Packer body to get them closer to a stock position, (even tho they're opened-up so large)? What did you use for your chassis underneath? Did you scratchbuild the rollcage? Where'd that engine come from?

Great, great build; I love the subject-matter!

Thanks guys,,,,

Hey Mark, the roll cage is built from bits and pieces. The chassis is from the Orange Hauler show rod that is originally based on a 55 Chevy, Raer wheel wells??? Let's just say I took the time to return them to stock location only to have it not matter 'cause by the time I opened them up it didn't matter one bit!! Oh well right??!!

The engine I can't remember, this was built like 15 years ago....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My mistake, I went through some of the old articles on the building of this there is only one that says the truck was based entirely on a Chevy pickup. All the others including the ones with actual construction photos explain that the truck is based on a Chevy one ton truck cab that was built on a shortened'55 Chevrolet passenger car frame. You can find more on the build of the Orange Hauler, in an article on the model by Mark Gustavson, that has a link to the articles in the 1:1 magazines that have nice under construction, & finished pictures of the actual truck.