Model Cars Magazine Forum

Rumoured future Revell issues..

I saw this posted on another board:

RMX-2062 1/25 1932 Ford Sedan (2 in 1) (Special Edition) TBA

RMX-4202 1/25 1968 Dodge Charger (2 in 1) (Special Edition) TBA

RMX-4203 1/24 1970 Ford Mustang Mach I (2 in 1) (Special Edition) TBA

RMX-4207 1/25 Hummer H2 (2 in 1) (Special Edition) TBA

If this is real, I'm really looking forward to the '68 Charger and Mach 1 (hopefully the 2 in 1s will include stock versions)..

Ooh Ohh! A '68 Charger!...........hopefully this time with NO vinyl roof! And ditto on the Cadillac XLR...........that should be a no brainer! :roll: I'd even like to see a new '07 Escalade kit while they're at it.

If it's based on the Landy '68 body, it should not have a vinyl roof. When I did a conversion to a stock '68 for my airbrush book, I had to add the vinyl roof (it was an exercise how to make a vinyl roof w/airbrush techniques). So hopefully the '68 is the same as the Landy version. Time will tell, though I remember having to change marker lights on the kit to be proper for a '68.

If it's based on the Landy '68 body, it should not have a vinyl roof. When I did a conversion to a stock '68 for my airbrush book, I had to add the vinyl roof (it was an exercise how to make a vinyl roof w/airbrush techniques). So hopefully the '68 is the same as the Landy version. Time will tell, though I remember having to change marker lights on the kit to be proper for a '68.

Right...I remember I had to use the Revell '69 body with the '68 Landy kit (and '69 Dart hubcaps) to do my Bullitt Charger replica years ago..

As far as this modeler is concerned, three of the four are no-brainers as far as successful subjects. I'm not a big Hummer fan, and I have seen the Cali Wheels kit marked down to five bucks in the local Wally World, so I'll reserve judgement. Sales or lack of sales aside, not to mention lack of engine, its still a VERY nice kit indeed.

The '32 Ford sedan likely will be on the 3-window/Highboy/Speedwagon chassis. Doubtful you'll see a stock one from Revell as they would have to start from scratch, and a new body/interior/glass for the existing rod kits is a heck of a lot cheaper - but anything is possible. Not that I would mind an all-new STOCK Deuce kit (here I go betraying my Strictly Stock days, folks!) because, as we all know, the old AMT kits may be what we all grew up with, but their accuracy leaves a lot to be desired.

And speaking of AMT, I'm surprised that the vintage-1973 or thereabouts 32 Ford Tudor Sedan, which really only was the 40 Willys/32 Ford double kit body tossed in with the evergreen 32 Vicky, was never reissued. Did they lose the tool for that body? It may not have been accurate but it sure was attractive.

But back to Revell...

The Mach I, FINALLY! I have been talking to Ed Sexton for YEARS about that one. Hopefully THIS pup will have a proper 428CJ, a proper Shaker hood, and also hopefully, a non-shaker hood scoop option - NOBODY ever got the shape of that right, not AMT or MPC, period. And Ed, if you're reading this, consider a Twister option for the kit. Its really only a set of decals. Now, this may not account for serious volume sales, but how many people out there in our little niche of the world - serious modelers - would buy more than one of this kit just to steal the shaker for their Boss 302? I'd bet quite a few! And if I were Bob Korunow, I would already be thinking how the rocker panel trim is such a natural for photoetching.....! :D

The Charger will be welcome for sure. And the model will sell one heck of a lot better without the extra cost of the painted Dick Landy resin figure. It would also be more palatable to the Wally Worlds and the K-B Toys folks. Remember, these guys still depend a lot on VOLUME SALES, and that means the big chains. But the subject matter is, thankfully, enthusiast material.

Now, I have been after Ed for several years now in regards to the metal body '68 Mustang seen as Bullitt and American Dreams versions. Nice both, but I think the sales would be one heck of a lot better, both to the chains and to the crazies like us, to convert the body to plastic and make the necessary mods to produce a proper - and NEVER kitted as of yet - '68 Mustang CJ. Throw in decals for Tasca Ford or Dyno Don Nicholson and it's a 100% no-brainer. That one covers all the bases. What do you guys think?

Ok ok Gregg, back to slaving over my keyboard......! :wink:

Ken, I think you hit that nail on the head. Highboy or full fendered qualifies for "2 n 1" status.

As for the Baldwin-Motion Chevelle, the old Monogram kit may not be state of the art but it's certainly workable. If they rework the engine into something more resembling a real Rat motor I'll be a happy camper. Headers too to replace those horrible excuses for exhaust manifolds. And, of course, the wheels and side pipes (if they are modeling one that has the side pipes, HOPEFULLY!) would have to be all-new...!

Just for the sake of clarification, it was the Landy Dart, not the Charger, that had the figure included.

I wondered about that, since I certainly didn't remember getting a Landy figure in my Landy Charger kit that I turned into stock.

I had wondered about the Mach I; since it's 1/24 it's based on the previous Boss versions. Hope they do all their homework right! If it were 1/25 I would imagine it would be an update to the disfigured '69 Mach I kit.

Speaking of Mach I's, I really wish Revell would update the '99 Cobra kit to an '03/'04 Mach I. Can't imagine why the only variation of the '99-'04 Mustang they ever kitted was the lackluster '99 Cobra. An '02-up GT, or Bullitt, or Mach I would have all been better selling kits, IMHO, of course :wink: And driving behind a new Shelby GT500 on Friday made me wonder what ever happened to Revell doing that one??

Sorry guys, I goofed on the Landy figure. You're right it was the Dart. I stand corrected! I'll try to make up for the faux pas.

Now, for a really nice set of side marker lights for any '68 Mopar, Auto Atomix has a set of machined aluminum ones that you gotta see to believe. I bought several sets from Dennis a couple of years back and I tell you, he does excellent work. His web site is at http://www.autoatomix.com. Right now he is not taking any new orders until he fills his backlog but hopefully that will be rectified soon.

The '32 Sedan is great news! 2n1 most likely means fenders or not, and two sets of wheels/tires. Please, Revell, make one of them the Rat Rod whitewalls! And how about the '40 Ford Convertible flathead in there while you're at it? Or the Caddy engine from the upcoming '49 Merc? Pleeeeeze? :D

The '32 Sedan is great news! 2n1 most likely means fenders or not, and two sets of wheels/tires. Please, Revell, make one of them the Rat Rod whitewalls! And how about the '40 Ford Convertible flathead in there while you're at it? Or the Caddy engine from the upcoming '49 Merc? Pleeeeeze? :lol:

Since about 2years after the original release of the new tool highboy kit, people have been wondering aloud when revell would try to get some more versions out of the tooling, and the sedan, 5 window or sedan delivery were the natural steps they could have taken. Like you guys said 2n1 probably means fendered or highboy, but we can dream about other stuff until Revell makes a more concrete announcement, can't we? The smartest thing they could do would be to throw the "rat rod" wheel and tire set in the box. that tooling is already payed for, so who would it hurt? And khart, you said it, some new parts for the engine would be nice too, but throwing the engine form the 40 ford hot rods would be nice too, except they'de have to alter the engine mounts or the frame.

I'm wide eyed with anticipation!!!

I hate to be the buzzkill here, but I don't believe any kit announcement, untill I see it on sale. The last kit announcement I got fired up over has yet to see the light of day, and it was annouced over two years ago. (Accurate Miniatures 289 FIA/SCCA Cobra)

I understand how you feel, but I tend to have a good bit more confidence in Revell in this regard than I do AM. Revell does have a pretty good (albeit not perfect) track record of actually producing what it says it's going to!

Seconded. Revell has a new owner with funding, and they seem to have stopped the "fishing expedition" product announcements. Instead of making hobby show announcements now, they periodically send out a list of items coming in the next couple of quarters. No more of that 24-36 month waiting period before something gets axed (remember that Honda CRX?) The only way we knew about these announcements was via the websites of some distributors.

As for Accurate Miniatures, I feel the pain too. We've gotten every story and excuse in the book, and zero new product on the shelves. I don't believe a word of what they say anymore.

I understand how you feel, but I tend to have a good bit more confidence in Revell in this regard than I do AM. Revell does have a pretty good (albeit not perfect) track record of actually producing what it says it's going to!

Seconded. Revell has a new owner with funding, and they seem to have stopped the "fishing expedition" product announcements...

Maybe I sounded a little more harsh that I meant to. I actually do hope these kits see the light of day, as these variants will be most welcome.

As for Accurate Miniatures, I feel the pain too. We've gotten every story and excuse in the book, and zero new product on the shelves. I don't believe a word of what they say anymore.

And that is such a shame, because they were the only real bright spot for the hardcore sportscar guys, aside from the high-buck resin kits. I've built one of the original GS Vette kits, and was almost giddy when the Cobras were announced... oh well...

And that is such a shame, because they were the only real bright spot for the hardcore sportscar guys, aside from the high-buck resin kits. I've built one of the original GS Vette kits, and was almost giddy when the Cobras were announced... oh well...

Yes, it sure is a shame (drop the "e") when it comes to fictitious product announcements. Credibility is in shorter supply than the products that aren't filling the store shelves.

The Revell '32 Ford Tudor Sedan modified reissue IS coming at the end of this year. It was supposed to be announced at LAST year's Oct. Hobby Show but it was pushed back. (Good thing I kept my mouth shut). It will have the injected 302 from the Speedwagon kit AND a flathead with speed parts. It will have 2 sets of wheels. I don't know if one set will be steelies with caps.

This is all from a VERY reliable source who has worked with Revell for 2 years to get this reissue out.

You know the drill,,,,,,I could tell you but would have to kill you.

I have NO info on the other rumored kits.

It has been said elsewhere that the '32 sedan will have Kelsey Hayes style wire wheels. When i said before that I wanted the Rat Rod wheel and tires all I really NEED is the tires since my stash of these is running low. So, maybe they could include them since they wouldn't require any tooling changes to just have the tires, where it would if we wanted the steelie wheels. I think KH wires mounted on the Rat Rod series wide whites would look sweeeeet!

Larry A. Greenberg---------

Now, for a really nice set of side marker lights for any '68 Mopar, Auto Atomix has a set of machined aluminum ones that you gotta see to believe. I bought several sets from Dennis a couple of years back and I tell you, he does excellent work. His web site is at http://www.autoatomix.com. Right now he is not taking any new orders until he fills his backlog but hopefully that will be rectified soon.

Agreed. He makes top quality 68 MoPar marker lights, and lots of really good looking detail parts..