Model Cars Magazine Forum

where to get funny car wheels

conor1148

so ive been looking around trying to find some wheels to finish i funny car project and i cant seem to find a set of wheels ANYWHERE unless its in another kit for less than $20, and i hate to buy a perfectly good model just to raid the wheels. Im pretty much looking for bicycles in the front and steam rollers in the back, thats the only way i know to describe them.

ive looked at every modeling site ive found but no luck

thanks

so ive been looking around trying to find some wheels to finish i funny car project and i cant seem to find a set of wheels ANYWHERE unless its in another kit for less than $20, and i hate to buy a perfectly good model just to raid the wheels. Im pretty much looking for bicycles in the front and steam rollers in the back, thats the only way i know to describe them.

ive looked at every modeling site ive found but no luck

thanks

Well.. If you can get them at a Model swap meet or find a less expensive Moeld that has what you Need You are More than Likely going to have to Pay something for them..

Me ...I would check out Competion resins ..

But then You will still have some cost in them..

http://www.compresins.com

Well.. If you can get them at a Model swap meet or find a less expensive Moeld that has what you Need You are More than Likely going to have to Pay something for them..

Me ...I would check out Competion resins ..

But then You will still have some cost in them..

http://www.compresins.com

alright, still $7 for two wheels just doesnt set well in my stomach, i guess ill just wait for a 40% off hobby lobby coupon and go get a few of those new drag models ive been eyeing for a while, atleast i can get a engine and the wheels for about $12. it just makes me feel weird having left over chassis and frames...

alright, still $7 for two wheels just doesnt set well in my stomach, i guess ill just wait for a 40% off hobby lobby coupon and go get a few of those new drag models ive been eyeing for a while, atleast i can get a engine and the wheels for about $12. it just makes me feel weird having left over chassis and frames...

But not as weird as spending $7 on a pair of wheels! :huh:

I only Posted an Option I gave a few examples. swap meets or else Da bay and get stuck with shipping costs.

It all depends what you want and how Bad.

I could have told ya about trhese... JPS wheels..

http://www.jpspro.com/images/26a.jpg

Thats part of the hobby. Most people spend more then that on PAINT. Let alone after market parts. Buy the kit, take what you want/need. Then toss the rest into the "PARTS" box. Or try to sell/trade the rest of the "KIT". ;)

buy a model and scavenge the engine and wheels

then take the body and chassis and put it in the trade section

then just trade it for wheels

its like that fellow how suposidly started of with a piece of string and traded and traded untill he had a yacht :D

haha i heard about someone trading a paperclip up to a yacht, not a string. but both stories sound to good to be true

on a paintball message board i used to be a regular at a guy traded a paintball with a face painted on it up to a about $800 paintball gun.