Model Cars Magazine Forum

55 Chevy step side completed

Jamie, I echo all of the above posts and will add only one word...

WOW!!!

Seriously, that color is nothing less than amazing on this build (care to share what it is?)

Love the cab conversion. Did you use the kit glass as a starting point?

Lastly, you found a great use for those taillights .

I don't care for them at all on the 1:1 Cameo's; they look like they almost had the truck designed and the bean-counters came in and said "We are way over budget, so you have to use up all of these old leftover 54 Chevy Belair taillights..."

Jamie , I just found your post ( thanks to the new format I'm looking around more ) . Wow ! That color really makes it pop ! The wheels , the tonneau cover , and all the detailing is beautiful . Also , the windshield seal is impressive . Did you use half round rod ?

Overall a beautiful truck , I'm glad I found it .

Thanks everyone for the feed back. Its very encouraging. As this is only my 4th build I have done in 24 years. My first moded build.

The color is G.M. fusion orange effect and urathane clear (both from Dupont). I used the kit glass and evercoat lightweight body filler to fill in the rear window conversion. The windshield was too small and needed something to fill the gap. I found an old set of ear bud headphones, and pulled the wires out. Then with an sharp exacto knife split it down one side and wrapped it around the glass. Then glued in place. It worked very well.

Thanks again for looking

Edited by Daniej01

Thanks everyone for the feed back. Its very encouraging. As this is only my 4th build I have done in 24 years. My first modded build.

The color is G.M. fusion orange effect and urethane clear (both from Dupont). I used the kit glass and evercoat lightweight body filler to fill in the rear window conversion. The windshield was too small and needed something to fill the gap. I found an old set of ear bud headphones, and pulled the wires out. Then with an sharp exacto knife split it down one side and wrapped it around the glass. Then glued in place. It worked very well.

Thanks again for looking

"As this is only my 4th build I have done in 24 years. My first modded build.

I think I may stop now ... Great Job! It's obvious the care that went in to the build!!!

Edited by camaroman