Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Stardust" Jet Car

John Teresi

Hello again.......I hope you all don`t get sick of me cause........I have a lot to share.......just let me know?......I don`t want to ruin my welcome.......I`ve had a few complaint`s.......I don`t need enemies......this project started when I was at a good friends house "fuelishspectator" who is an awesome builder.........he had a few pictures of a april fools cars that the nhra posted.......he said he wanted to make one.......well they all had hemi engines.......I asked him if he would mind if i made the car but put my own twist on it.....He said no problem......so I started with a revell "fruit of the loom" F/C........I cut the body all up and this is what I came up with......I decided to make it a jet car........so I used a "starwars" kit that resembled at jet engine.......changed it around......wired and plumbed......scratch built chasis......H.O.K. pink kandy.pearl blue and purple finger nail polish.......stars are airbrused........and black splatter effect.

DSCF5554.jpg

DSCF5548.jpg

DSCF5552.jpg

DSCF5571.jpg

DSCF5573.jpg

DSCF5578.jpg

DSCF5580.jpg

DSCF5590.jpg

Hey John that one caught me by surprise . COOOOOOOOOL idea and work . Hey you don't have an extra set of Snoopy F/C decals If not was Keven the one that did them . I just picked up an Aurora Jaguar.

thanks Chuck

Edited by ratnasty

Hey John that one caught me by surprise . COOOOOOOOOL idea and work . Hey you don't have an extra set of Snoopy F/C decals If not was Keven the one that did them . I just picked up an Aurora Jaguar.

thanks Chuck

Hi Chuck........sorry I don`t have any left......but Keven Gomskie at "WoopieKat Decals" .......made them for me...... for 20 bucks............he should have them still on file.......I made a 1/24 scale and a 1/16 scale......but the "snoopy" dog and dog house were stickers from "michaels" art and craft`s store........for a couple of bucks..........and the sponsor lettering was done by rub on letters from a minature train store......for about 5 bucks.......hope I helped you,John

Well Ive never seen this one. Pretty creative..

John, Could you tell me how you make your fuel line fittings...

Txrat........I buy a 5 pack of rubber with wire insert at the 99 cent store........I remove the wire in the middle and cut 3 inch strips of the rubber tubbing .......then I spray paint some silver and some gold.......then cut slices of the tubbing the size of a hex fitting........I drill holes were ever the tubbing is going .......I cut a piece of a straight pin and glue it in the hole I drilled ........then I attach a fitting to the straight pin......the straight pin has to be long enough for the fitting and to attach the rubber fuel line..........I paint the fitting Tamiya clear red over the gold and Tamiya clear blue over the silver......I know that real fittings are expensive ,but I was making my own because I`m poor......but when I have money I buy Pro Tech stuff......I hope I helped you ,John.......P.S......your work is already Awesome......you don`t need me.

Hello again.......I hope you all don`t get sick of me cause........I have a lot to share.......just let me know?......I don`t want to ruin my welcome.......I`ve had a few complaint`s...

Complaints???? You've got to be kidding! Keep it coming! biggrin.gif

This is fabulous work you're doing. Real inspirations!

What supplies did you use to build the engine? I ask because I have already modified a Top Fuel frame to resemble a jet chassis (I did some work for the 'Miss-Ta-Fire' and Embry-Riddle jet dragsters, as the same people own and drive both cars) and would like to finish the build of the 'Miss-Ta-Fire' car to present to Chris and Elaine as a token of letting me help them out with the car.

What supplies did you use to build the engine? I ask because I have already modified a Top Fuel frame to resemble a jet chassis (I did some work for the 'Miss-Ta-Fire' and Embry-Riddle jet dragsters, as the same people own and drive both cars) and would like to finish the build of the 'Miss-Ta-Fire' car to present to Chris and Elaine as a token of letting me help them out with the car.

Bradley......the engine is from anakins jet fighter a starwars kit.......I .modified the the engine to fit the frame I made......filed her and ther......after I glued the engine I drilled holes were I thought fuel lines might go?.....primmered then painted gloss black then I painited it with alclad paint......I guessed a lot of the plumbing.......added a panel with plumbing ......and just used rubber fuel lines.......I cut little slices of the same fuel line for the fittings and just painted them red and blue.....I hope I helped,John

Edited by JOHN TERESI

• 4 weeks later...

:blink:

John! John! John!

"Complaints?!?!?!"

i whole-heartedly agree with Mr. Moto

I for one, "want", to see any, and all, that you have to share with us! and poor? brother, these days who isn't?!?!?!

:lol:

Your eye for design is only surpassed by your ingenuity

Great builds Sir!

I applaud your skills as a fellow builder

Again, Thank You for sharing Man!

Later

Russ

;)

• 2 weeks later...

blink.gif

John! John! John!

"Complaints?!?!?!"

i whole-heartedly agree with Mr. Moto

I for one, "want", to see any, and all, that you have to share with us! and poor? brother, these days who isn't?!?!?!

biggrin.gif

Your eye for design is only surpassed by your ingenuity

Great builds Sir!

I applaud your skills as a fellow builder

Again, Thank You for sharing Man!

Later

Russ

wink.gif

I agree whole heartedly. Also can you tell whats in the water where you and Greg (fuelish) are cause you both do some incerdible work laugh.gif

Edited by brett

• 2 years later...