Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Golden Banana" 61 Impala mild custom

Albie D

Now this is one sweet looking ride, love the color, stance and wheel's. How about those spikes on the removed windshield wiper's.....did you make them? They are a really cool touch and one of those subtle thing's that make a build stand out. Awesome job, thank's for sharing.

Thanks Ray and Hector!

Glad you noticed Steven. That little touch is one of my favorite mods to this model. Simple things for simple people and all that...The wipers that came in the kit were very wonky, and pretty much unusable. I liked the idea of a pair of stanchion studs to replace them, so I raided my parts stash for any chrome do-dads I had. I ended up butchering a pair of rear view mirrors from a forgotten kit.

Thanks guys, means a lot. I've got back into modeling after I broke my heel bone last Feb. Its because of this site and its members that I'm improving my builds and found a new passion. Thanks for the inspiration and here's to many more builds in the coming year!

Well Albie, I never thought I'd be saying this to another man but that is one smooth looking banana you got there...haha. For real tho, that thing is sick, especially laid out on those wheels/tires. Not to mention that color combination is gorgeous. A lot of clean work, well executed. Can't wait to see your next project.

Well Albie, I never thought I'd be saying this to another man but that is one smooth looking banana you got there...haha. For real tho, that thing is sick, especially laid out on those wheels/tires. Not to mention that color combination is gorgeous. A lot of clean work, well executed. Can't wait to see your next project.

Thanks Jason, how's the Merc coming along?

Thanks Jason, how's the Merc coming along?
It's coming, slowly but surely. Haven't really had the chance to sit down and get that rear set up finished. I've done some small things here and there but I lost some motivation along with a lot of family stuff going on. Hopefully I'll get a chance to work on it in the next few nights. Thanks for asking. What you got on your workbench now?

Looking forward to it man, that Merc is gonna rock when done. I know all about finding time, thats one of the biggest challenges of all. I just started AMTs 65 Riviera, grey plastic. Got a game plan together, Ill post up on OTWB when I really get started.