Model Cars Magazine Forum

How do I get the old format back

Guest Gramps-xrds

Guest Gramps-xrds

I'm not impressed with this new one. The personal info is way to big and the colors all run together so you can't distinguish where the pined posts stop and the new ones start. I prefer the old one better.

Sorry Gregg.

I'm not impressed with this new one. The personal info is way to big and the colors all run together so you can't distinguish where the pined posts stop and the new ones start. I prefer the old one better.

Sorry Gregg.

not trying to knock you guys hard work but i have to agree with gramps here

i like the old format a LOT better

These colors even hurt and strain my eyes to look at them.

That is my biggest problem also. Gregg mentioned that new skins will be available eventually. That will allow us to customize the appearance of the forum to suit us as far as colors go. We'll just have to be patient until then.

Les

Edited by mountaindewd

I have to agree with Gramps.

I can't post pics, and my area to post here is blocked by the option menue.

Sorta reminds me of when SA changed, and nothing was ever the same for me or useable after that - THAT'S WHY I LEFT.

Well you do have to to give Gregg credit, he didn't turn half the screen into ad space like SA and now Fine Scale Modeler have.

Holy Carp people!

It's not the message board that makes the board it is the people that make a message board great!

Please make criticism a bit more polite. Some of the sentiments expressed were almost belligerent.

Please treat people the way you want to be treated.

Peace!

I must ask the question, Gregg - Were there navigation and use complaints about the previous format? I'm of the opinion that - "If it ain't broke - why fix it?"

Thank You for striving to make a better board.

Edited by seeker589

Geez, what a bunch of whiners! It's Gregg's board; he's free to do whatever he wants with it. You might try giving him some time to get the kinks worked out of it _ and giving yourselves some time to get used to it _ before you start jumping all stiff-legged.

Holy Carp people!

It's not the message board that makes the board it is the people that make a message board great!

Please make criticism a bit more polite. Some of the sentiments expressed were almost belligerent.

Please treat people the way you want to be treated.

Peace!

I must ask the question, Gregg - Were there navigation and use complaints about the previous format? I'm of the opinion that - "If it ain't broke - why fix it?"

Thank You for striving to make a better board.

Ignore the whiners!!! thanks Gregg!!

I have noticed a number of definite improvements and it took me all of 5 minutes to figure out what is different and how to use it. The colors are a little dull but that is just a minor aesthetic opinion. The use and functioning is much nicer. I didn't read all of the bitching above because several are on my ignore user list!. :D;)

Here's what I hate... why the HELL is the tool bar with the fonts, sizes, etc., in the MIDDLE of the damned text box!? Why can't it be up top- where it DOESN'T prevent me from seeing what I'm typing? If I were to write another paragraph or two on this reply, I won't be able to see what I've written until I post it, then if I effed something up, I'd have to go back and edit the post. Or is this a polite way of saying to keep our posts brief?

That's my major rant- the rest of the changes aren't so bad once you kind of get used to them.

The colors are a little dull but that is just a minor aesthetic opinion.

It's not just aesthetics as you put it. It hurts and strains my eyes and I'm not the only one that said it. I spend a lot of time on a pc and colors have a lot to do with eye strain. Flashing colors can even cause ecliptic seizures in people in case you did not know that.

Here's what I hate... why the HELL is the tool bar with the fonts, sizes, etc., in the MIDDLE of the damned text box!? Why can't it be up top- where it DOESN'T prevent me from seeing what I'm typing? If I were to write another paragraph or two on this reply, I won't be able to see what I've written until I post it, then if I effed something up, I'd have to go back and edit the post. Or is this a polite way of saying to keep our posts brief?

That's my major rant- the rest of the changes aren't so bad once you kind of get used to them.

It sounds like you're using an old prehistoric web browser that's incompatible with this software. Almost every time a website displays incorrectly, it's not the site... it's the browser you're using to look at the site with. Web browser and website technology are constantly changing... you have to be using the latest browser technology in order to see things correctly. It's like watching an old black and white TV and wondering why you can't see all the colors! It's not the show you're watching... it's your TV!

Try downloading and using Firefox. It's free, it works great. Once you try it, you'll be glad you did. Trust me.

Not sure how shades of dark blue and pale blue could bother anyone. Oh well, can't please everyone all the time. One of the 1:1 car forums I frequent upgraded to this version of IPB a few weeks ago, had a few issues, but overall, a nice upgrade over the old. About the only issue I've had w/ this version is the location of the 'Attach This File'...I keep hitting that when I mean to hit 'Add Reply'...there is a lot of empty space between the text box and 'Add Reply', have to scroll to select it. Oh well.

I've alternated between using IE 8, Firefox, and Chrome the last few weeks w/ forums w/ this version and haven't noticed any major issues.

Edited by Rob Hall

Not sure how shades of dark blue and pale blue could bother anyone. Oh well, can't please everyone all the time. One of the 1:1 car forums I frequent upgraded to this version of IPB a few weeks ago, had a few issues, but overall, a nice upgrade over the old. About the only issue I've had w/ this version is the location of the 'Attach This File'...I keep hitting that when I mean to hit 'Add Reply'...there is a lot of empty space between the text box and 'Add Reply', have to scroll to select it. Oh well.

I've alternated between using IE 8, Firefox, and Chrome the last few weeks w/ forums w/ this version and haven't noticed any major issues.

It's hard to know how colors will effect people, one site changed to a light grey / light blue scheme and I basically had to stop visiting the site until they offered some alternate colors because 5 minutes and I had a raging headache. Fine Scale Modeler has decided to go to a green / green scheme which also gives me a headache, and so far they don't seem to plan on alternates :D .

Luckily this one doesn't cause my eyes problems other than being a bit bright. Gregg has said he plans to offer some alternate colors so at least those who are having issues will be able to find something that hopefully works better for them.

Unfortunately Harry, I do not believe that for one minute. Last I checked, IE* was the latest version! I too am bothered by this box in the middel of my box to type in! I have not made a long enough post to have it bother me, but its there and does bother me in that sense. Dont know. Jody

Dump IE and go with Firefox. Your problem is caused by IE. Several others here have already dumped IE and gone with Firefox and their problems with the site went away.