Model Cars Magazine Forum

Porsche 3.8 RSR.....slammed

krazyglu

Thank's for all the input CAL, no offense ,but I never really asked for it. I don't care about 1:1 car physic's right now, I mean if that's the case how about the lack of brake's....??? Suppose it wouldn't stop as well as a factory 911...pardon me 964 eithier lol. Simply put.......

1) I like model kit's

2) I like Porsche's

3) I like the wheel fitment/stance craze

Thank's for commenting and checking out my build guy's, it's cool even if it's not your style you can apperciate the work that went into it.

None taken, I am just a Porsche guy, Owned 911s, Own a 964 currently, worked on them, raced them, studied and enjoyed them for 45 years.

Hey thank's Jason, To answer your question's about the wheel's. I believe these to be the 19" sleeves and the tire's from Pegasus as well, I don't know that for sure though. I had to sand the inside of the sleeve's to get them to fit right. I had to go even further on the front's one's so I could make that lip appear to be smaller. I just like the staggard look on a rear wheel drive car. I have pictures and can give you more info if you need it. Don't worry about it Ace, CAL, or Ima whatever ha you guy's don't rub me the wrong way at all and you guy's didn't bad mouth my build what so ever. I just think you guy's are getting a bit tech. about a model kit, What a Porsche guy technical..?? haha

v8supercars-vi.jpgV84-vi.jpg

I'll agree that the builder may have went a little too much on the rear, However I don't think its to the point that's not realistic. I'm not talking car make specific or street car as the build represents more of a racing version imo, to which there could be any kind of chassis/suspension under the Porsche body. At the end of the day, he is happy with it and he did a great job on it!

I could never quite figure out why the V8 super cars run so much neg camber, much have something to do with the weight of the front end. And track Porsches will run a bit more than other cars. The school of thought has changed on how much... and tires are always getting better so you dont use as much camber as you once did say 10 15 20 years ago where that was the hot setup.

In any event nice job on the model.

Hey thank's Jason, To answer your question's about the wheel's. I believe these to be the 19" sleeves and the tire's from Pegasus as well, I don't know that for sure though. I had to sand the inside of the sleeve's to get them to fit right. I had to go even further on the front's one's so I could make that lip appear to be smaller. I just like the staggard look on a rear wheel drive car. I have pictures and can give you more info if you need it. Don't worry about it Ace, CAL, or Ima whatever ha you guy's don't rub me the wrong way at all and you guy's didn't bad mouth my build what so ever. I just think you guy's are getting a bit tech. about a model kit, What a Porsche guy technical..?? haha

Great...thanks! One more thing...How do you get the black window trim so perfect? I have used sharpie markers and also tried masking and painting as well but the borders don't ever seem to come out as good as yours.

Edited by cherokeered

Thank's Antonio I know for sure you like the style, Marcos your one of my favorite builder's and I really apperciate the compliment. Jason believe it or not I use sharpies, I always scribe all my panel line's out which help's make a harder edge to drag the marker along, it also makes the lines more realistic once your paint has filled them. I use a chisel tip sharpie, has to be a chisel tip for me then I may go back and touch up a few spot's with a broad tip. After all the trim is complete I may go over it with a flat black acrylic wash or use my weathering powder's. All this does is tone down the shine of the sharpie. Trust me I have messed up and went outside of the line many times my friend haha. Now what I found extremely hard on this particular build was the molding piece at the top of the front bumper, that was freehanded with a 005 Fine point felt tip marker and proved to be a bit of a challenge for me. Thank's again for the kind word's guy's, the next Porsche I have in my stash does have a engine and opening storage compartment so there will be plenty more detail.