Model Cars Magazine Forum

1967 Indy Car

Jairus

I finished another one, an Indy car this time driven by Johnny Boyd back in 1967.

The “PRESTONE Special†unfortunately retired after only 6 laps due to an untimely accident. The car here is based on an original Lancer mold. Besides paint, this car features decals placed inside using decal set prior to painting, a fully detailed driver and many separate detail pieces. The coolest of those pieces are the turned aluminum injector stacks, which are available through “Parts by Parksâ€. ( http://www.scaledreams.com/PARTSBY.HTM )

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic5.jpg

another cool one jarius!

you still paint on the inside of the body? ive found that doesnt really suit me, kind of looks funny with a 2" scale clear coat and i never could get the proper finish, plus it seems like all my clear bodies have yellowed with age. also details seem to be more crisp if painted on outside.

but it doesnt seem like you got any of those issues here, great looking paint job!

• 4 weeks later...

Soooperdave,

Sorry but I did that one for a customer and the car is gone. Didn't take pictures of the chassis but it was an inline drive 4 rail brass chassis with a solid drop. Motor is a Mubachi with a champion shim, tradeship endbell and some powerful arm I was not too sure about.

The builder did a nice job except for the pink Parma ring gear and guide...

:roll:

Dave, could I get you to post your first and last name in the Profile section of this forum please? Thank you!

• 7 months later...