Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

My order from TCP Global came in today. Compressor with tank, airbrush, glass jars, an x-acto and some striping tape. Should be fun! I've wanted one for well over 15 years so today was a good day! I've been grinning ear to ear all day long. I also went out for some mineral spirits and flat sky blue.

FinallyItsHere-vi.jpg

Went to Model Empire this morning and picked up 3 spark plug sets(Preston's Parts), a pack of square tube styrene and a pack of I-beam stock, Revell '69 Dodge Charger Daytona, and finally the AMT Ghostbuster's ECTO-1A.

I've used Preston's distributors for a long time and switched about two years ago to M.A.D. products as I like them even better.

I've used Preston's distributors for a long time and switched about two years ago to M.A.D. products as I like them even better.

Had to check those out and I'd have to say the cap definitely looks a lot better. Only thing is...I now have about ten sets of the Preston's. Was adding a few more to my stock/inventory. The black sets sell fastest. They are cheaper than M.A.D. sets and I don't have to pay shipping. My other choice at Model Empire is Detail Master...if they have them. I'll probably buy a couple sets from M.A.D. to get a better look at them and try them out. Thanks for the heads-up Nick.

Stopped at my local Hobby Lobby on Friday and picked up these two kits and a few cans of paint. There was not much left on the clearance shelf but I have wanted the viper kit and I grabbed the Camaro with my 40% coupon.

post-11755-0-05458200-1378170894_thumb.j

Today I stopped at the local Pat Catans and grabbed this 57' Nomad, it was only $15 so I had to get it.

post-11755-0-08378200-1378170986_thumb.j

Since getting back into the hobby I am learning that when you see a kit/s that you want and if you can afford it get it/them the first time you see them. I am already on the hunt for a few kits that I wish I would have bought when I first saw them because now I can't find them at my local stores. I guess I will have to order them online.

Today i got some rebuilders cowl induction hoods and then i seen a ad on our local website like craigslist a guy selling model cars so i bought 5 of the 30 something he had half were pre- builts the other half where diecast already together. Got my five for $20

post-11351-0-02979800-1378237098_thumb.j

Edited by chevyfever2009

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...