Model Cars Magazine Forum

Box stock 71 Corvette Convertible

Jeff Johnston

Completely Box Stock 71 Corvette...Built in 14 days while my wife was overseas since the end of Sept. No extras at all. Painted Duplicolor Medium Green Metallic touch up paint with clear coat. Interior is semi gloss green Krylon.

I have not done a box stock in a long time and it felt nice to build something so quickly.

It was fun to just build something without any extra stuff on it.

DSCF0748.jpg

DSCF0747.jpg

DSCF0749.jpg

DSCF0752.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Jeff Johnston !

The Corvette Stingray Convertible 71 really looks like the original sportscar ;)

I can tell you that it is either with a smallblock LT 1 engine or a Bigblock 454 engine because it has the special hood.

I am the luckey owner of a Corvette Stingray convertible 71 in 1 : 1 with a 454 engine 7.4 L with 500 HP :D Yes that is big fun and healthy for the ears and eyes.

I am a big fan of this car and have been looking for a model kit or box similar to the one you have made.

If this is from a kit or a box I can buy somewhere can you help me with details where to buy and name and so on. Also I would like to know what is the scale ?

Mine is Silver paint completely rebuild 2 years ago with some updates but looks original all over and is as nice as yours.

I have build RC airplane helicopters and monster trucks but never a muscle car in small size. I live in Denmark therfore I hope you maybe have a link to a netshop where i can buy it

If you have info for me my email is t_hoeffding@hotmail.com

Thanks Torben or Stingray 71