Model Cars Magazine Forum

Which 87 Iroc Camaro kit is the most detailed and best parts fitment?

I am looking to build a replica model of a real car I fell in love with. I found the wheels and everything ill need to build this car. I am gonna try a few things with this one that I've wanted to try in the past. Nothing extreme but just a couple things that I feel will make it stand out a bit.

Which kit would you choose?

The Revell 1/16 scale kit is probably the best, as it came out just as Revell was being re-born and putting out nice stuff again.

The 1/8 Monogram IROC-Z is basically a scaled up 1/24 scale kit, and though nice, the parts count isn't what you'd expect from a larger kit. Still, it looks great sitting on the shelf once finished, and the kit contains the "CAMARO" upholstery decals for all four seats, a nice set of Goodyear Gatorback VR50 tires, and that very Monogram thing- "smoke" tinted window glass.

I want to do one big project that takes the course of until next years NNL north. Something I will build until the show is here next year and I plan to do a lot of things on this that will push my skill as a modeler so that when this time comes next year and I am looking for my next project, when its complete ill have something to compare from that year to something from my year before...

I have a lot more pictures and references about this car I want to build. the reason I asked which kit is the best is I want to build this car, As soon as I layed eyes on this car, I've not looked back since. There's something about this car that just makes me drool.

535883_174591515996587_119493914839681_258061_396781154_n.jpg

I want to do one big project that takes the course of until next years NNL north. Something I will build until the show is here next year and I plan to do a lot of things on this that will push my skill as a modeler so that when this time comes next year and I am looking for my next project, when its complete ill have something to compare from that year to something from my year before...

I have a lot more pictures and references about this car I want to build. the reason I asked which kit is the best is I want to build this car, As soon as I layed eyes on this car, I've not looked back since. There's something about this car that just makes me drool.

535883_174591515996587_119493914839681_258061_396781154_n.jpg

I now see why you want ot build the scaled version of this! I`ve personally never build an IROC Z kit or one of the larger scales, but from past experiences with different brands, you can`t go wrong with Revelle or Monogram. The aftermarket support for 1:24 scale kits seem to be plentiful as well. What ever you decide to build, make sure to share the pics! I want to see more of this bad boy.