Model Cars Magazine Forum

I traded a set of cylinder heads for a 1971 ford galaxie 500 today. Minus engine the body is nice and I'm not sure of the transmission. But its in the car no clue if its good. What engines came in it and any other facts you can give Wikipedia did give me much for the 1971

I need to run the VIN as Gabriel suggested first. Once I find a motor which the motor mounts look like a V-8 but I'm not sure? Next thing is to repaint it from the vomit green terrible paint job someone put on it but the body is solidmy magnet stuck everywhere I put it and I am happy even If I just have it sitting in the back yard and I pretend I'm Gator McClusky or just flip it

Edited by mnwildpunk

i'd hazard a guess that not one single Galaxie 500 made it off the line with a six. the Custom series, yes, but not the flagship series. nothing stopping you from putting any v8 combo in it from a 302 to a 460 if you can find a donor. curious; what cylinder heads did you trade?

She wants the 68 super bee to be her car (fat chance) and I want to keep and restore my high school 87 camaro then there is my 1947 chevy pick-up. I been working on for over a decade. If that isnt enough I then have a 55 packard I haven't touched since I bought it in 98-00 and now a 71 galaxie. Out of the cars I own I have three good ones my 98 Lesabre my 51 dodge and the 07 camry. One restored out of the sh** I bought sold or traded I think I'm doing ok lol

Edited by mnwildpunk