Model Cars Magazine Forum

Just who in the heck do you think would want to buy this...?

No kidding. I once saw someone selling air guitars, and people were bidding on them! I dont know which is worse, the selling of them, or the morons actually bidding.

Air Guitars. LOL. I go by the name Lord Air Gtar in my mobile DJ business. Aside from the usual meaning, an air guitar can also be a prop guitar used at karaoke. I have several non functioning guitars for that purpose.

My favorite was a jar of haunted pickles.

There was also once some selling tin cans with Lucas Wiring Smoke kit that was supposed to have smoke in them that you could fill up the Lucas electrical system on your old british car when the old smoke had gotten out.....

Back before eBay had user names, you could see everyone's email address. I bought a lot of 4 nasty old promos to get one I wanted for $20. I got lucky and nobody bid on them, probably due to lack of write up and poor photos. Turns out even the one I wanted was a bit nasty so I decided to resell them all.

I wrote nice descriptions and took good photos. I listed each of them in their own separate auction. What do you know? Each one sold for over $20! The guy who sold them to me saw that and sent me a nasty email that I ripped him off and he was turning me into eBay! For what? Being a capitalist? LOL :P

Nothing wrong with that old Pontiac promo. Someone took the time to list it instead of throwing it away. Someone is happy to buy it. Two happy people. End of story.