Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius `65 Plymouth Satellite

That's funny...a few months ago, I sprung $$$$$ for the MCW Satellite and a '64 Plymouth for the parts. I'll have a $70.00 car when I get done.

I said when I got it, watch, now that I'm getting the resin car, some company will announce a kit. :)

That is funny..I've had that MCW on my to-buy list for a while...I have the R&R '65 Belvedere 2dr sedan and wagon.

It's good to see a manufacturer finally step up to the plate and show some initiative and imagination!!! The same old same old from most of them has gotten kind of boring, especially when the best that they seem to be able to do is just keep pumping the same kits out that have been pumped out many times in the past. Revell at least gives it a decent effort and they have come out with some nice kits, but Moebius will be the force that the others will have to contend with as I see it. We'll see how really accurate the models are but I'm thinking that they will shine in light of the other manufacturers. I suspect that Moebius is listening to the customer base and watching these forums to get a feel for what might be coming next. The other guys are going to have to pull up their socks because it looks like they finally have some real competition!

This is great news! Even though it wasn't on my personal wish list, I know that the 65 Plymouth is one of those "missing link" kits that's been desired by a lot of folks for a long time. Similar to the upcoming Ford trucks - those were never on my radar personally, but I was astounded to see the posts on this forum showing how much interest there really was in these. These new announcements show just how much Moebius is paying attention to the marketplace.

Yeah, nothing like a quality contender to wake-up the old school. It's gonna be hard for Revell or AMT to re-box 30 yr. old kits with stuff like this rolling out. :lol:

Yeah, and prices of those original '61 Ponchos should start dropping like a rock too! Never mind the fact that those were Bonnevilles and these are the shorter Ventura and Catalina-------it's nice to see someone else do an early '60's GM B-body with a lot of the extra detail that we want these days. ;)

I wonder what's next from Mobius? :)

John, I'd like to see convertible variations of all of the new releases. Especially the '61 Pontiac and '65 Belvedere. In the future, it would be nice if Moebius would focus on more vehicles from the independents. An up to date '68-'70 Javelin/AMX, 1957-58 Studebaker Golden Hawk just to name a couple.

I keep thinking ,,,,,,,,,,it only took nearly 50 years to get a 1965 Plymouth B body .

Glad to see it finally come to light. Although I personally would rather it be a 2 door sedan . But I can work with whats given to me .

2 thumbs up to all involved to bring it to light

I keep thinking ,,,,,,,,,,it only took nearly 50 years to get a 1965 Plymouth B body .

Glad to see it finally come to light. Although I personally would rather it be a 2 door sedan . But I can work with whats given to me .

2 thumbs up to all involved to bring it to light

Smart money says we will see a 2-door sedan version in the not too distant future. Moebius has shown that they are more than willing to tool multiple different bodies for existing tooling, based on their Hudsons and Chrysler 300s. The lure of all the A990-based drag cars will be too tempting for them to NOT do it. I'm actually surprised that the sedan isn't the first release...