Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jungle Jim Tribute, MOPAR Style

Nitrozilla

I've waited all day for an update to this post and here it is ,this is it !

And I like it !! Love your sense of humor too,which is much like mine, me thinks ( but only sometimes if you ask the people who know me) :P and as the rear window isn't big enough to showcase the lovely ms Hardy's assets ,I believe you went with the right choice. Cant wait to see the big reveal, that one perfect completed project shot that will leave us breathless and yet slightly deflated that the build is over, till the next one :lol:

Raise your hand if you remember me putting in a blank under the hood to cover the ejection marks and hood seams because I was so laz....efficient? Due to popular demand, I have found a way to get The Lovely, The Vivacious, The Curvaceous, Pamela Hardy a place on this build. I got to thinking about the crew having a bad day. Sure they're killing the competition, but there's a gremlin they are trying to find and they need inspiration. Where do they look? Under the hood, literally. With the body up, all they have to do is look up and say, "What would JJ do?"

Depending on how tomorrow goes, I may be done. Only details left, but lots of 'em. Are ya' ready for that folks? Me too.

So, without further ado, here's 2 really boring pictures of the wheelie bars and then the crew's inspiration.

2007-01-18002.jpg2007-01-18001.jpg2007-01-17003.jpg2007-01-17004.jpg

Edited by Batzilla

Nova and all.

A major problem with all forums is, when you are typing something in, you intend it to be interpreted one way, but someone always misinterprets or puts their own slant on it. That starts petty fights and bickering.

All I wanted to do was build and have a good time. If I learned one thing during my career in customer service, no matter how nice you are, there's always someone intent on ruining your day with their problems and issues. I don't take personal attacks well and though it's not my job to defend others, I do. It's in my nature.

I will post pics on Photobucket under the name of Kitbasher1. You're all welcome to check in.

Also, I will post pics of the completed job in Drag Racing. That will be my final entry.

I wont miss your builds (I found you on Photobucket :) ) (I might be a stalker, my precious ) But I will miss your exhilaratingly fresh style of writing that always brings a smile to my face (and thats hard to do if you ask my wife). So the call is yours my friend but there is a few of us that will sorely miss you if you do leave. I understand completely where you're coming from but only you know the best way for you to deal with that, so if you do go ,all the best, it was a pleasure to see your builds and read your posts. Cheers Brett

Okay, here's what. Boss Rom and I had a nice converse and I've agreed to keep an eye on the future and do my best to promote the proper atmosphere of positive spirits, always keeping in mind that Rom has a 50 Cal and a trigger finger. That's twitching. With the safety off. In range. Possibly imbibing in an adult beverage.

In short, no need to go into insignificant details. I thought it was going to be a problem if I remained, so I removed myself. I am now confident that I can be here and share my love of this hobby as before with a new understanding of how things work. If I see a situation I don't care for or agree with, I will no longer jump in where my opinions may be unwelcome.

BACK TO MODEL BUILDING OR REASONABLE FACSIMILE THEREOF:

When we last left our merry band of adventurers, the Evil Sith Queen of Planet Sagorath had captured.........er, um, I, that is, oh, yeah!!!!!! I had said I'd be done in a day if there were no distractions. There was a distraction, plus I'm a lousy judge of when a model is going to be complete.

My homemade "Top 50 Drivers" decal for the rear window came out like stained glass, almost a ghost image. Is it a sign that this build is being watched from above? I sure hope so.

Chute release fabricated, wired and installed. It will thread through the tinwork in 2 places.

Front and rear bumpers got the BMF treatment.

There will be one more post showing the tin installed and the "JJ Hearts JP" mural is done with the help of a little dab of white glue.

Ahhhhh, it's good to be back. See y'all tomorrow. And thanx for your kind words. You all know who you are. It felt groovy. Might be a better choice of words, but then again, I'm not the one who called me "Precious." I'll let you know when I stop laffing Brett. :D :D

2007-01-19006-1.jpg2007-01-19009-1.jpg2007-01-20001.jpg2007-01-20003.jpg2007-01-20004.jpg

Edited by Batzilla

Hey everybody !! No, I did not forget I'm working on a model here somewhere. I've been running into fitment challenges. The car is essentially done, except the body sits high at the nose. This is because I had the bright idea of flipping the hinge mounts on the rear tin to give it a lower stance, I have made 3 corrections and thought it was all good, until the rollcage started hitting. So, off it comes, drop a 1/4 inch or so in height and I should be good.

Did I mention that the U. S. Nationals also interfered? Plus a Circus Wagon crashed in front of my house and I had to help herd all of the escaped elephants. Then this meteor landed in my back yard and it was really cloudy today, too !!

Bear with me. we're almost home.