Model Cars Magazine Forum

New magazine, out now

Greg Myers

Picked this up today and it is full of great photos and stories. The vintage photos are great for research material and discovering little unknown details. Like, I thought it was interesting that Prudhomme and Mcewen had a 71 340 Cuda and 72 Roadrunner, respectively, as tow vehicles at Pomona in 72. Must have been because they were in So. California and close to home.

some pretty cool pics and i really like the article with Jon Kaase on Dyno Don.

had to laugh to myself with the comment about the S&M Superbird being in A/MP when the pic clearly shows it lettered C/MP

vintage funny car fans should love this magazine

Yeah, I picked up on a few small errors made in the little picture comments. I also like the fact that the picture of the staging lanes with the S and M Superbird pretty much puts to rest any statements that I have ever heard regarding whether or not that car saw any real track time or was simply for PR purposes.

some pretty cool pics and i really like the article with Jon Kaase on Dyno Don.

had to laugh to myself with the comment about the S&M Superbird being in A/MP when the pic clearly shows it lettered C/MP

vintage funny car fans should love this magazine

So what does that tell you? I pick up little missteps in magazine often and wonder, am I the only one sees a Carter AFB on top of that engine , that ain't no Holley carb? But there they are, the magazine experts telling us all about what obviously in the picture right in front of both of us plainly says otherwise.

Edited by Greg Myers

Hate to be the one, but I think Hot Rod Deluxe is much better at what it does as opposed to what I saw in that issue. For a first shot it was so-so in my opinion....

<sorry!>

Remember when HRD started they had some learning time and even stopped publication several months in the beginning before they got it right. Let's give 'em a chance.