Model Cars Magazine Forum

'69 Mustang Boss 429

tyrone

Dave, This build is coming along real nice. The stance looks great!

These pro sportsman chassis' seem to make it under more bodies then the actual 55/57 Chevy bodies they come with.

I'm assuming this is a chassis from the Revell 55/57 Pro Sportsman kit?!

Edited by crowe-t

I see what you mean about the window Dave. Never noticed that on the real cars. Just a suggestion,but I would take a few mms out of the a pillars and lower the front of the roof down and make it match your cage. It would improve the looks of the side window greatly,plus hide your cage bar. Even if the roof is right,it just looks wrong in my eyes. Can't wait to see this project finished!

there are limitations in scale that really cause some issues. those pics of the 1:1 cars are good examples. in the model the glass installs from the inside and has it's inherent thickness which is most of the issue in running the cage tighter to the roof. on the 1:1 the glass installs from the outside and there isn't much on the inside that would create an issue with a super nice and tight fitting cage. i think too that the kit roof is a little exaggerated in it's profile and shape, especially when i compare it to pics of the real cars.

yesterday i fit the glass to be sure that there would not be issues and there was some slight interference problems, this going back to what i mentioned above. there really isn't much to do other than re-engineer the way the windshield fits and i aint going there.

i did clean up some of the tubes on the cage as well as redo the horizontal supports in the funny car section since they were too high up after cutting everything down. will post some update pics soon.

I know in the slot drag cars most dont use the kit glass and I think a few on here possibly dont. If you mod your own out of thin clear bubble plastic you shouldn't run into this thickness concern.

I know in the slot drag cars most dont use the kit glass and I think a few on here possibly dont. If you mod your own out of thin clear bubble plastic you shouldn't run into this thickness concern.

great build Dave I was thinking the same thing as Bart, another thing I have done in the past on kits where the front ansd rear glasses are joined by those this pieces that run down the center roof line, is separate them and grind them down as far as possible leaving just enough to glue them to the roof. The nova I'm working on now I had to separate them,... nice build either way... ;)

Hi Dave, I'm really liking this build. I think the shot of the blue 'stang without a nose is just super awesome...would make a fine little garage scene build. Anyways, about the roofline. I see what your talking bout, maybe you could try this?

Take an index card and hold to the back of the window and trace the shape currently there, then sketch the extra portion needed (add a little extra for trimming). Cut it out and tape it in place to see what it would look like. If satisfied, trace the template to a pc of .04" sheet, cut it out and smoothe it over, then glue in place if your happy with it. Works pretty well for me and its not that extensive. Included a shot of the template. Good luck on whatever you decide to do.

000_0298.jpg

Jeff, thanks for the tip too, the only other thing i did think of doing was chopping the A-pillars down slightly to bring the front of the roof down a bit. trying to keep this one relatively simple though and i knew if i did that, then it would just invite more hacking of the body.

Amazing how one hack turns into twenty, ehh?...Your third time does look better. Keep it going!