Model Cars Magazine Forum

Idle hands

Geezerman

Early in the decade, as I was getting back into model cars, I bought three 32 3 window kits. This one I chopped and did a lot of detailing leaving it as a fenderless hi-boy.

I was never satisfied with the kit's WIDE front tires, so, early this year when I had no kits or bodies to work with, I decided to change those front tires. I had built this too well evidently. Things started breaking rather than separating, so I tore it completely down and took it in another direction. Even xchanged the engine for a flatty.

dissassemble1-vi.jpg

Headlite shells are custom recessed buckets from something or other (probably the Merc)

fin6-vi.jpg

The ugly front axle is homemade because I broke the original :lol:

fin4-vi.jpg

fin2-vi.jpg

Everyone that commented on the car feels you did the right thing by rebuilding the old car, but I disagree.

I think you could have left the old 32 alone, it was a very nice build in its own right and it represented a time in your modeling evolution. And if you really did not like the front wheels, than change them. There are plenty of Revell ‘32 3 window kits around so you could have built the second car from that and then you would have both. Also, they would make a great comparison display on your shelf…kind of a “then and now†display.

Either, way, I really like the deep channeling on the front of the redone coupe, that looks great with the chop and the â€Flattie†up front.