Model Cars Magazine Forum

Raptor Hauler - A Big Truck for a Big Man

Raul_Perez

Raul. that is great build! the car alone is fantastic ,but the truck and trailer to match was well thought out and performed

perfectly. the lines flowing from the front of the truck to the back of the trailer are spot on! I give it a very big BRAVO.

OH, PS. good luck topping this one. :D

That is a great combination Paul! Excellent work.

FYI- Can't make the Nor Cal NNL this year. We are having my folks 50th anniversary celebration about 30 miles away on the same day. You can be sure I won't flake on that one.

Scott

Thanks, Scott!!

We'll miss you (and your Vette) at the NNL, but you made the right choice. 50 years together is definately something to celebrate!! We'll catch you and the finished Vette next year!!

Raul. that is great build! the car alone is fantastic ,but the truck and trailer to match was well thought out and performed

perfectly. the lines flowing from the front of the truck to the back of the trailer are spot on! I give it a very big BRAVO.

OH, PS. good luck topping this one. :D

Thanks, Mike!! It took a while to get all of the lines on the truck sorted out, to my liking AND look like it was made to compliment the show car. Once that was done, the mods to the trailer came pretty easily.

So why does everyone think that I can't top this when we've got guys on the forum like CB and Tree Hugger Dave to continually inspire us with their wild designs? You guys are too funny!! :blink:

Later,

Hi Raul :P

Thanks for the comments on my thread.

Can't wait to see your udates on this stunning threesome.

I hope it's soon, but I know how long detail and finishing work takes, plus maybe keeping it "Under Wraps" for a few weeks until the NNL WEST is over B) .

It'll be a big hit my friend. ;)

I wouldn't want to compete against you or jerry Cardinal :lol:

Good luck at the show my friend, and say Hi to Steve for me.

All the best - dave ;)

Hi Raul :rolleyes:

Thanks for the comments on my thread.

Can't wait to see your udates on this stunning threesome.

I hope it's soon, but I know how long detail and finishing work takes, plus maybe keeping it "Under Wraps" for a few weeks until the NNL WEST is over :lol: .

It'll be a big hit my friend. :lol:

I wouldn't want to compete against you or jerry Cardinal :lol:

Good luck at the show my friend, and say Hi to Steve for me.

All the best - dave :lol:

Thanks, Dave!!

Jerry and I really don't compete against each other. We each have very different interests and skill sets. With Jerry's background in mechanical engineering, he loves making all of the intricate details like complete drum brake assemblies, hand-made wire wheels and brass chassis. I'm more interested in the design and styling side of model building. The funny thing about Jerry is that he'll only work in 24th and 25th scale. He says that anything larger isn't enough of a challenge for him.

As far as the Raptor trio goes, I've been busy around the house and haven't have much time to work on it until the last few days. Here's the last pictures of the trio "on the workbench" before I finish everything up in the next few days and put this one "Under Glass".

This shot shows the interior that matches the color scheme of the Raptor. You can also see the side exhaust from the '99 Ford Lightning kit that gave up the front chassis clip, engine, dash, seat and a few other bits.

DSC06228-vi.jpg

I really like the way this angle shows how the combination of the repositioned front wheels and the seriously pie-cut hood lighten the look of the front of the truck. Here you can also see the removable trailer hitch. Except for the taillights, the license plate and a few other details, this one is almost done.

DSC6230-vi.jpg

Here's the supercharged 4.6L V8 from the Lightning pickup. The wipers, after they were cut down and reshaped a bit, also came from the Lightning pickup.

DSC06219-vi.jpg

This picture also shows how the interior of the pickup match the Raptor.

DSC6221-vi.jpg

Here you can see the dash, steering column and wheel from the Lightning truck was built into the hauler.

DSC06221-vi.jpg

Here's a few shots of the trio...yes, I used a lot of Pegasus Chrome T's for this build. these last shots show how the stripe runs from the nose of the truck all the way through to the very end of the trailer, tying the set together with a consistent color theme.

DSC06205-vi.jpg

DSC6214-vi.jpg

DSC06211-vi.jpg

Thanks, Dave!!

Jerry and I really don't compete against each other. We each have very different interests and skill sets. With Jerry's background in mechanical engineering, he loves making all of the intricate details like complete drum brake assemblies, hand-made wire wheels and brass chassis. I'm more interested in the design and styling side of model building. The funny thing about Jerry is that he'll only work in 24th and 25th scale. He says that anything larger isn't enough of a challenge for him.

As far as the Raptor trio goes, I've been busy around the house and haven't have much time to work on it until the last few days. Here's the last pictures of the trio "on the workbench" before I finish everything up in the next few days and put this one "Under Glass".

This shot shows the interior that matches the color scheme of the Raptor. You can also see the side exhaust from the '99 Ford Lightning kit that gave up the front chassis clip, engine, dash, seat and a few other bits.

DSC06228-vi.jpg

I really like the way this angle shows how the combination of the repositioned front wheels and the seriously pie-cut hood lighten the look of the front of the truck. Here you can also see the removable trailer hitch. Except for the taillights, the license plate and a few other details, this one is almost done.

DSC6230-vi.jpg

Here's the supercharged 4.6L V8 from the Lightning pickup. The wipers, after they were cut down and reshaped a bit, also came from the Lightning pickup.

DSC06219-vi.jpg

This picture also shows how the interior of the pickup match the Raptor.

DSC6221-vi.jpg

Here you can see the dash, steering column and wheel from the Lightning truck was built into the hauler.

DSC06221-vi.jpg

Here's a few shots of the trio...yes, I used a lot of Pegasus Chrome T's for this build. these last shots show how the stripe runs from the nose of the truck all the way through to the very end of the trailer, tying the set together with a consistent color theme.

DSC06205-vi.jpg

DSC6214-vi.jpg

DSC06211-vi.jpg

NICE, NICE NIIICE!!!

MAN THAT'S BEAUTIFUL ;):lol::lol:

I love the way the continuous stripe ties all three together - STUNNING :lol::lol: SIMPLY STUNNING!! :P

Thanks for posting the pic's - dave :rolleyes:

NICE, NICE NIIICE!!!

MAN THAT'S BEAUTIFUL :blink::lol::lol:

I love the way the continuous stripe ties all three together - STUNNING :lol::lol: SIMPLY STUNNING!! :P

Thanks for posting the pic's - dave :D

Thanks, Dave!! I should be able to get the set done tomorrow and have the final pics posted Under Glass by the end of the day.

Later,

DSC6230-vi.jpg

I agree. the work on the front fender and hood really paid off from this angle (as well as from the front view). Really sophisticated and atrractive surface development. I'm still waiting for the payoff on the backside when you add the detail, as pretty as the basic curvature is! :unsure:

Edited by gbk1

Wow Raul, how will you have room for that on your shelf? I got it, send it to me and I will have room on my shelf :unsure:

Actually, I just got a new display case from my friend, Al, so I have PLENTY of room...for now.

Besides, I'm still waiting to see you finish your hauler and trailer for the Avanti. :unsure:

I agree. the work on the front fender and hood really paid off from this angle (as well as from the front view). Really sophisticated and atrractive surface development. I'm still waiting for the payoff on the backside when you add the detail, as pretty as the basic curvature is! :unsure:

Thanks, Bernard!

I may get the back done today on the hauler and the trailer. I'm in the process of making the taillights for both of them. They're made by cutting the custom taillights from the AMT '57 Ford in half, adding a small piece of plastic to finish off the end where they're cut, then BMF and a bit of red paint.

Later,

Actually, I just got a new display case from my friend, Al, so I have PLENTY of room...for now.

Besides, I'm still waiting to see you finish your hauler and trailer for the Avanti. :blink:

I'm working on it. I got the cab worked out I think. But I think I messed up the frame though, trying to get the rims I wanted on it. :blink:

WOOOOOOOW!!!! LOVE IT both the truck car and trailer!Great job!!!

Thanks, Tom!

I will when I get a chance. I might just get a lightning kit and do like you did.

Let me know if you need any instruction on what I did. I really didn't use all that much from the Lightning kit on the hauler.

Later,