Model Cars Magazine Forum

Model Car Builder

I think it's great, but I'm biased, I've written articles for him. The editor is Roy Sorenson, who used to publish a magazine called "Plastic Fanatic". Roy sold "Plastic Fanatic" to a guy named Gregg Hutchings, and Gregg changed the name to Model Cars Magazine, which is where this forum is based.

Roy was also one of the co-founders of the Western NNL in California.

Edited by Nitro Neil

Bruce,

It's only available by ordering online right now. It's on Magcloud, which is a part of Hewlett-Packard. You order a copy and they print one and mail it to you.

http://www.magcloud.com/browse/magazine/119726

You can purchase it as a hard copy or as a digital PDF file or both.

Edited by Nitro Neil

. The editor is Roy Sorenson, who used to publish a magazine called "Plastic Fanatic". Roy sold "Plastic Fanatic" to a guy named Gregg Hutchings, and Gregg changed the name to Model Cars Magazine, .

Gregg told me he still owns the name "Plastic Fanatic" and that Model Cars is a seperate entity from PF.

I think it's great, but I'm biased, I've written articles for him. The editor is Roy Sorenson, who used to publish a magazine called "Plastic Fanatic". Roy sold "Plastic Fanatic" to a guy named Gregg Hutchings, and Gregg changed the name to Model Cars Magazine, which is where this forum is based.

Roy was also one of the co-founders of the Western NNL in California.

Yes, Lee is correct.

Plastic Fanatic is still owned by Plastic Fanatic, Inc.

Model Cars bought the mailing list/accounts from PF.
small technicality, but that's just the facts :-)

Long time no see Neil!

There is also Kustom and Hot Rod Models magazine (like Model Car Builder - a supplement to the other magazines) at http://koolkat.magcloud.com
There is also a lowrider model magazine at magcloud.

To be historically and technically accurate, NNL West was begun by Tim Boyd, Gary Gollehon, David Dale, Rick Rothermel and myself several year earlier (right Tim Boyd?) - a couple years later Roy and Kevin co-founded the NNL Western Nationals event and later renamed it NNL West.