Model Cars Magazine Forum

This is the first model that I have built in about 4 years. I decided to put the Chevelles and Integras down for a while and build a few trucks.

This was quite the refresher course for me haha. Some of the paint schemes are unorthodox, but that's just the car fanatic in me coming out. I was psyched to see how detailed the model's the cummins TT set up was. I was going for red accents on the kit hence the red bolts and the red turbine half housing. I was not able to do the flip up wind deflector because the mold wasn't filled all the way to some of the frame is missing.

I can see why Revell took this off the line for a while, the molds must be getting really old because some of the parts where pretty shoddy and needed a lot of TLC to get them looking realist. For the life of me I was not able to get the exhaust downpipe to line up with the midpipe for the stacks, but it's pretty well hidden.

All in all this was a blast to build, I've loved trucks (Pete's especially) and tractors since I was a little kid. I wish they had more models out there thought! If I win the lotto I am starting a model company that builds just trucks and construction tractors.

Anyways the pics:

-Stephen

P1130001.jpg

P1130002.jpg

P1130003.jpg

P1130004.jpg

P1130005.jpg

P1130008.jpg

p1130012.jpg

P1130013.jpg

p1130016.jpg

P1130092.jpg

My next project will be a 385 with a scratch built roll off (thanks Tim for the pointers).

• 4 weeks later...