Model Cars Magazine Forum

Forum Troubleshooting - Picture Problems w/Internet Explorer? Look Here

Sixx

I just had the "Quote" feature work in the light trucks Under Glass section, but it's back no a no-workie condition again here, it seems. Still nothing happening with photos. I've just recently updated IE and Adobe Flash, nothing has fixed the issue permanently.

chuck, I would try a different web browser , and see if the problem carrys over

Chuck: If you use Windows, look to see how many copies of IE the machine has under the Start Menu and try using the other if there are two. My wife's HP Win7 machine had two and one got her email and the other wouldn't have anything to do with it.

And thusly I stick to my old Mac...

Dale

Chuck: If you use Windows, look to see how many copies of IE the machine has under the Start Menu and try using the other if there are two. My wife's HP Win7 machine had two and one got her email and the other wouldn't have anything to do with it.

And thusly I stick to my old Mac...

Dale

Two copies of IE, and I'm having the same issues on the forum with both. But using Chrome is working quite well as far as quoting and posting pics. If nothing else I can use Chrome for MCM until I get my potential IE issue sorted out.

But... Not gonna get a Mac, unless it's handed to me from a Mickey D's drive-through window. :lol:

Anyone else experiencing some (HTML?) problems?

I can post a typed reply or type a new topic, but anything I try to paste, be it simply text or photos, the paste function nor attach photo icons do anything when I select them, and when I right mouse click into the body of the post, the cursor sits blinking, but nothing emerges??

I've tested on a couple of other forum & have no problems the same way, just this site?

It's getting very frustrating, anyone with suggestions or knowledge, please let me know, Thanks

Edited by Jeremy Jon

Jeremy, I right clicked this image from your fb page, then selected "Copy Image URL", then used the image icon here in the toolbar at the top of the reply box, pasted it, so that method works for me using Google Chrome:

993453_537458273014553_1042512938_n.jpg

Dave Ambrose is looking into the problem, so we'll hear from him when and if he finds something.

Very strange indeed?

Yup, tried Control+V and still doesn't work for me to paste, it gives the prompt to allow access to clipboard, but just nothing shows up no matter how many times I click 'paste'

That's what I normally do Casey, is that method, I'm using IE which I like best, FF has issues, and I dumped GC after about a week (hated it) and took me 2 weeks to get it out LOL

I have also tried the 'image' icon to post photo, but it simply opens the 'image properties' window, which I can actually paste an URL into, but the 'ok' and 'cancel' buttons don't work, and can't close the window once it's open, so frustrating!?

Is it possible some formatting has changed, or forum upgrades/changes, which some functions are not compatible with IE for this forum now??

The change had to have taken place since the last forum WIP posting with pics I did, because since right after that (within a few days), is when I ran into these problems

Thanks

I've just recently updated IE and Adobe Flash, nothing has fixed the issue permanently.

Try updating or replacing your Java too. My laptop was running slow and IE was jamming up etc. I saw Java try to automatically update itself and got a "insufficient rights" error message. So I assume it must have been trying for awhile and this was the first time I saw it. So I shut down, brought the computer up fresh and went for a Java update immediately. It worked and suddenly all my computer issues went away. You may say that Java may not be running in a specific application, but if it's running wrong in the background and hogging up resources, no program is happy!

I was having the same problems posting and using the Quote button for replies , I'm running Windows 7 and IE . I have automatic updates and it turns out that IE had updated and was causing all of the problems and by uninstalling the update everything started working again . Go to the Control Panel and check your updates and then turn off "Automatic updates" .

Photobucket also is not compatible with the latest version of IE so uninstalling the update should fix that problem too .

If not , make sure you have the latest version of Java installed . Go to the Java website for the free download and to make sure that Java scripting is "enabled" on your computer . You can't copy links in PB if it's not "enabled" !!

I have to claim Hogwash.

It's the same on all boards. powered by the ip board... Something is not compatible.

One thing no one has mentioned is what bit they are using.

I am using windows 7 64bit. IE 11 and the latest JAVA. (Just updated the JAVA. It does nothing.)

Edited by Abell82

I went to tools in the menu bar at the top, clicked on it then went down to compatibility view settings tab click on it, and add web site, and now this site seems to work.

Somebody else please try it, and let me know if that fixes it for you as well.

Edited by Abell82

Abell82, you are right on the money brother, that fixed the problems, I never even knew that had to be done!

It's so easy, anyone with similar issues, try the same, upper right corner of your IE tab is "Tools" icon, click to open, select "Compatibility View Settings", a window will open, click "Add" and then close window, let the tab reset, and then refresh, after that all the problems ceased

Thanks again Abell :)

1426745_544168285676885_1892191424_n.jpg

Edited by Jeremy Jon

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /home/modelcar/public_html/forums/kapu/applications/forums/sources/classes/post/classPost.php on line 974

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/modelcar/public_html/forums/kapu/applications/forums/sources/classes/post/classPost.php:974) in /home/modelcar/public_html/forums/kapu/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/modelcar/public_html/forums/kapu/applications/forums/sources/classes/post/classPost.php:974) in /home/modelcar/public_html/forums/kapu/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/modelcar/public_html/forums/kapu/applications/forums/sources/classes/post/classPost.php:974) in /home/modelcar/public_html/forums/kapu/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/modelcar/public_html/forums/kapu/applications/forums/sources/classes/post/classPost.php:974) in /home/modelcar/public_html/forums/kapu/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/modelcar/public_html/forums/kapu/applications/forums/sources/classes/post/classPost.php:974) in /home/modelcar/public_html/forums/kapu/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141

Got this error message while trying to post pics

So for Jason, Jeremy, Chuck and Steve, all of you are running Internet Explorer (IE), and after clicking the "Compatibility View" option in the IE toolbar, any (and all?) problems you were having disappeared, correct?

Jeremy- you are allowed a maximum of ten images per post, but I've only done that using image hosted on photobucket, and copied and pasted into the body of the reply box here, so I don't know if there is a max size limit for the photos as a whole, or if the max number of images allowed decreases as each individual image reaches a certain size.

Yes, the Compatibility mode selection got thing working again, a few small glitches, like selecting and keeping a font selection, it kicks in & out, but photos can be copy & pasted into posts now

I'm not sure, I don't use photobucket, it is a major pain to upload to there, I copy directly from my FB page albums & paste into posts, and even through I've tried to resize the images, for some reason, they always come out on here the same large size, frustrating, so I stopped trying to figure it out

I'm not sure, I don't use photobucket, it is a major pain to upload to there, I copy directly from my FB page albums & paste into posts, and even through I've tried to resize the images, for some reason, they always come out on here the same large size, frustrating, so I stopped trying to figure it out

The forum software here automatically resizes images over a certain size, though I'm not sure what that limit is. Even if they are re-sized to a smaller size, clicking on them makes them viewable at the larger (maximum allowable) size.

is anyone else having trouble posting here? specifically cutting and pasting text or images? I cannot do it at all at the moment through any of the defined or known methods: ctrl-c ctrl-v alt-e-copy alt-e-paste or even those funny little icons up there that never really work anyway. it is not my browser; it is up to date but hasn't been updated anytime real recently. last time something like this happened it took forever for anyone "in power" to even acknowledge the problem and then it was the standard fallback: download <insert buggy browser of the moment> answer that they teach you day one of ghostbusters.

or maybe its just me? anyone else having issues with this sort of thing?

I will no longer be able to post replys here as it seems there is a problem with my computer or the forum.

I'll state the problem again: When I attempt to post (not quote) a reply I type out the text and hit the post button,

hen a green window drops down and little lites blink for whatever and then it stops and the reply is not posted and the post button is gone.

Leave it sit after that for a time, if fails, try refresh, it sounds a lot like a intermittent connection issue

Maybe try the same trick we had to for the posting pictures issue, pen the MCM page, then click on your "tools" icon in upper right corner of browser, select "compatibility view settings", when window opens, click "add", then "close", page should refresh on it's own, then try again to see if problem fixed

• Gregg unpinned this topic