Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 Charger conversion

Ken#5fan

Nice pic, thanks. The reason I ask is the front wheel cutouts, but it looks like you don't have to change them. However, on my body, the passenger side wheel well was a bit smaller then the drivers and it made the tire look too far back, after I completed the front suspension. I noticed this prior to closing them up to a stock appearence. I rectified this by taking a small amount of material off from the back side of the wheel opening. Just used a coarse grit sand paper. Also the rear end housing is a bit too wide and will push the tires up against the inside of the rear wheel wells, unless you use the highest setting on the shackles. Hope this helps.

Yes, that does help, thanks for the heads up! I am going to modify the rear end a bit because I want to make better backing plates for the brake drums.

If my history is correct. Chrysler bored the hemi out to 429 ci because Ford was running the 429, by NASCAR rules then, the teams had to have the cubic inch of the engine on the hood.

• 11 months later...