Model Cars Magazine Forum

Calnaga Castings

Guys, I saw Steve Perry at our annual Christmas Party and I got his Website so ALL you guys could check his stuff out. Steve is the guy who built the Jet Boat ,along with Tim Boyd, in the last issue of MCM. Steve is a GREAT GUY and his work has to be seen to be believed! Here's his website, go head and check him out, his stuff IS GREAT!!!

http://www.calnaga.com

You won't be sorry. Oh And Steve is the man to go to for those bad a$$ jet drives!!!! :D:);)B)

• 2 years later...

Thanks guys. The whole purpose of Calnaga Castings is to contribute to the hobby by helping modelers have more fun and satisying experiences with their projects. Resin casting allows me to share the effort that goes into the masters. Many of the parts we sell were scratch built for my own models. Additionally, I want to raise the standard of quality seen in model car resin castings. Great models are built with great parts, and great models are fun to build. Check out the Gallery at Calnaga Castings. Thanks Again-Steve Perry

www.calnaga.com

What do they cast?

Alan,

Calnaga Castings specializes in high quality 1:25 scale model car parts. We have several categories that include High Performance (carbs, blower, fuel tanks, valve covers, etc) Powertrain (4x4 conversions, differentials, transmissisons), Marine (jet drive, boat seats, marine battery), Tires, and Miscellaneous. We focus on scratch built masters or kit parts that have been enhanced for detail and buildability. We avoid parts that are already on the market and simple kit knockoffs.

Regards,

Steve Perry

Alan,

Calnaga Castings specializes in high quality 1:25 scale model car parts. We have several categories that include High Performance (carbs, blower, fuel tanks, valve covers, etc) Powertrain (4x4 conversions, differentials, transmissisons), Marine (jet drive, boat seats, marine battery), Tires, and Miscellaneous. We focus on scratch built masters or kit parts that have been enhanced for detail and buildability. We avoid parts that are already on the market and simple kit knockoffs.

Regards,

Steve Perry

Hi Steve, I forgot that I have several of your offerings including the Berkley Jet Drive and some M/T sbc and sbf valve covers ... Like I said, you stuff is top shelf up there with the best!

Alan :)

Steve's TOO nice a guy to blow his own horn, so I'll say it for him. He has won at the GSL just about everytime he's entered! He is a GREAT guy with a GREAT personality. He's a good family man, he brings both his kids to meetings, and they BOTH build too! ALL of Steve's stuff is TOP notch. If it's NOT good enough for HIM, you won't get it!

Steve's TOO nice a guy to blow his own horn, so I'll say it for him. He has won at the GSL just about everytime he's entered! He is a GREAT guy with a GREAT personality. He's a good family man, he brings both his kids to meetings, and they BOTH build too! ALL of Steve's stuff is TOP notch. If it's NOT good enough for HIM, you won't get it!

I saw a couple of Steve's builds at Toledo in 2011 and they were "over the top."

Plus he's a nut too. Great guy, i'm proud to call him my freind and fellow clubmember!(He's the guy who turned me on to our club, AFTER he GAVE me one of his Jet Drive set-ups!!!!!)

Thanks for the kind words George, you are an asset to the club (Downriver Model Car Club, Dearborn MI) yourself. And I can't deny the part about being a nut. Regarding GSL, here are some objective facts: I've won Best of Class, Competition-Drag for the last four contests. With the Prock and Howell '33 Willys in 2007, Freight Train twin engine dragster in 2009, Top Cat C/SA Cougar in 2011, and Bad Cracker nostalgia funny car in 2013. But here's the thing: At least one or several parts from each of those models is available to anyone through Calnaga Castings. We truly offer "award winning model car parts" and we can back that up!

Regards, SP

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've bought parts from Steve many times and have been very happy excellent quality and fast shipping. Very unique parts. either highly modified kit pieces or scratchbuilt. My latest order included the parts to to build a a 427 SOHC engine. I purchased everything he offered to insure a perfect fit. parts looked super individually. When I attempted assembly It was a nitemare, Assembling the front cover to his block and the heads to align with the front cover caused a giant gap between the intake manifold and his heads. It was the one and only time I was disappointed with his products but I'd still buy from him again. He's a great guy and his stuff is fantastic. When you you have a vendor that doesn't screw around and ships your product promptly and It's good stuff you can order with confidence.

• 2 weeks later...