Model Cars Magazine Forum

Coming from Model King! Paul Goldsmith '64 Plymouth!

Well, I just went to check my stash, and it turns out I have one. It came with the black car on the cover,AND a NICE slant six,as an engine option. Is this basically the same kit? Does it still come with the six for an optional build? It is a REAL NICE lookin box art job.May even get me ta buy another one. Who says the packageing don't matter? <_<

Hey kids , Nascar used to be about REAL CARZ not the Junk ya see in T V these days ! In gact Richard Petty used to teailer car here to Richmond and I would often go by where he and his family would stay here in Richmond and yeah we would talk shop then, Nascar wasnt all ADVERTISIN ALL DE TIME THEN! It was a real sport , I don't follow it today simply because you cant buy a Generis Chevrolet with a V-B or Ford Rear and two doors. Yep like Elvis, Nascar died with him ! Hey I have work to do............... Ed Shaver

Well, I just went to check my stash, and it turns out I have one. It came with the black car on the cover,AND a NICE slant six,as an engine option. Is this basically the same kit? Does it still come with the six for an optional build? It is a REAL NICE lookin box art job.May even get me ta buy another one. Who says the packageing don't matter? :D

The kit that you have is a 64 Dodge 330 Sedan. This is a 64 Plymouth Sport Fury. Different kits. This one will be a welcome addition to the collection though.

If I'm seeing right (and I don't do that too often!), this looks like an upgrade from Lindberg's Petty kit. I think I see more undercarriage detail than that kit had - dual shocks, differential cooler, etc.

Daryl added a fair amount of detail to his model, including the dual shocks and diff. cooler, so that's why we added the following note to that side panel illustration... "*Enhance the detail of your model as shown with wiring, plumbing, photoetched parts and other accessories from a number aftermarket suppliers!"

>Daryl added a fair amount of detail to his model, including the dual shocks and diff. cooler, so that's why we added the

>following note to that side panel illustration... "*Enhance the detail of your model as shown with wiring, plumbing,

>photoetched parts and other accessories from a number aftermarket suppliers!"

oh. thats kind of bogus if you dont mind me saying. i was looking at that photo of the undercarriage and thinking, wow AMT really did get detailed on this one. but i didnt see that note. now that you mention it i do notice it and think if i were looking at the kit in real life i would see it. but still im disappointed, i was assuming the kit came with all the race car parts.

oh well.