Model Cars Magazine Forum

Michaels 50% off coupon!

Over the weekend, I posted a brief comment on Michael's Facebook page about how much I enjoy shopping there, but that I would just like to see more and newer kits for sale. They followed up with a very non-commitally worded response about passing on my request to the appropriate parties. Hey, it was worth a shot right?

Maybe if the members here were to also post to their facebook page, they might take a bit more notice?

Over the weekend, I posted a brief comment on Michael's Facebook page about how much I enjoy shopping there, but that I would just like to see more and newer kits for sale.

Just FYI, all Michael's stores are not equal, nor do they all carry the same volume of items. IIRC, there are A-, B-, and C-level stores, with A-level stores carrying the most product, and C-level the least amount. I've been in a C-level store and was surprised to see maybe 15 model kits total, while the A-level stores I usually shop at have closer to 75-80.

I know the one in my area has more than only 15 kits.

But as for the emessage idea.

It would be a better one if it were actually Email.

As some one else stated somewhere on the board,

"Not everyone has been Assimilated into the faceBORG!!!"

I have not,. and never Will be!!

• 1 year later...

I used to go into Michaels regularly with my printed 40 or 50% off coupons. I never found a kit I needed, so I'd be resigned to buying a can of Testors flat black or dullcote at the discount. It got to the point where I'd find nothing at all to buy! Then I'd look around for some craft lady with a big item in her cart and give her the coupon. At least I made someone's day!

Michaels is opening a new store here November 2nd just a few miles from my house and a lot closer than Hobby Lobby. Hope they have some good models. I need to sign up for coupons I guess. Not that I really need any more models. I just got about 5 new ones at a show yesterday. It would be hard to beat show prices,

Not that I really need any more models. I just got about 5 new ones at a show yesterday. It would be hard to beat show prices,

I count my blessings that I'm involved in the hobby and know about shows in my area. In this NY/NJ/PA area I regularly buy kits in the $5-10 range. So the prices at Hobby Lobby and Michaels, even at 50% off are no big whoop to me!

I can understand guys who live in places where there are no such opportunities... like in Tanana, Alaska.. I've been watch Yukon Men for several seasons and haven't seen a hobby shop yet!