Model Cars Magazine Forum

Project Phoenix: Custom '61 Dodge Dart resurrection: The Wall, March 29

Ace-Garageguy

I really appreciate your interest and comments on this old girl.

The most recent problem has to do with the proportions and slope of the windshield. I started to try to get a little too tricky with it, and haven't been happy with the results yet...so I let her rest for a while.

Looking back over the photos here, I'm pretty sure I know the way to go now, and as she's never left the "short term" storage next to the build-bench, she'll be back as soon as I finish a couple of others.  :D

Great project!I'm enjoying watching your progress from absolutely trashed glue bomb to stylish street custom.I know what you mean about parking "in progress" cars out where we can see them while our OCD brains work out the details of their construction.Thanks for taking the extra time to shoot and post the excellent photos.

Edited by misterNNL
Forgotten details

• 2 years later...

image.png.77f4a4427ee83e34e783606ce182f4f3.png

404 Error

Sorry. We can't seem to find the page you're looking for.

Now look what you made me do.  After this thread got brought back, I read it again from the beginning and was amazed by the great custom and repair work that was done to a severely damaged body.  Then this shows up on the bay, and well, you know....   (I even have a spare Lindberg '64 Dodge Super Sport with no body). 

So Bill, what say you to re-popping the missing cowl piece for me?

2019102395142113m.jpg.cc2f9bd573de8eb08bfbdf959fedb131.jpg

21 hours ago, djflyer said:

Now look what you made me do.  After this thread got brought back, I read it again from the beginning and was amazed by the great custom and repair work that was done to a severely damaged body.  Then this shows up on the bay, and well, you know....   (I even have a spare Lindberg '64 Dodge Super Sport with no body). 

So Bill, what say you to re-popping the missing cowl piece for me?

:D Cool...and thanks for your interest and comments.

Yeah, I have a cherry body I could pop a mold from, but I've been really bad about getting things done that I've offered like that. If you're not in any kind of hurry, I could work it in within a couple of months.

4 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

:D Cool...and thanks for your interest and comments.

Yeah, I have a cherry body I could pop a mold from, but I've been really bad about getting things done that I've offered like that. If you're not in any kind of hurry, I could work it in within a couple of months.

Excellent!  How ever soon your schedule allows would be great. I still have some figuring to do on all of the other stuff.

Will keep watch on this one for some more ideas on what to do with mine.

Edited by djflyer

• 4 years later...
On 10/18/2019 at 10:30 PM, Ace-Garageguy said:

image.png.77f4a4427ee83e34e783606ce182f4f3.png

404 Error

Sorry. We can't seem to find the page you're looking for.

Bill, could you try to repost this 404 Error? I'd love to see what else you did to the project!!! THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!