Model Cars Magazine Forum

ROG 1/16 bug

Jared Roach

Well I started this a little bit ago but never posted it. This is my first big scale kit ever and so far I'm liking it. I couldn't leave it stock so I found some tires, modified the suspension and this is where it sits now.

110_zps93e69cd7.jpg

112_zpse8caa47d.jpg

114_zpse1ad39ef.jpg

118_zps7b27aa4b.jpg

124_zpsfdbf5252.jpg

128_zps081c4ecd.jpg

130_zps83b9b9b8.jpg

The rear wheels I increased the diameter because they were too small for the lips. They need a little more work but they fit alot better.

108_zps83eb4d15.jpg

120_zpsb110edb4.jpg

and what I'm thinking for colors. Off white for the wheels and sides of the car, and rootbeer for the rest of the body.

134_zpsf1989a0b.jpg

This build is looking great so far. Looking forward to seeing more progress on this one.. i picked up one of these kits that I am planning on going in a different direction though. I have got my idea and I just need to start it. Stay tuned cause I think its gonna be cool.

This build is looking great so far. Looking forward to seeing more progress on this one.. i picked up one of these kits that I am planning on going in a different direction though. I have got my idea and I just need to start it. Stay tuned cause I think its gonna be cool.

Well, Thought I'd step outside the truck model box, and see what you guys have to offer! BUGS!!!!! I am obsessed with them! I built this one in Germany in 95. It fits together very well!! The drop is awesome looking and those colors will look cool!!! You gonna de chrome it? or keep the chrome trim!?

I am a huge VW fan, so I am looking forward to seeing what you do with this kit. What kit are you sarting with? I have tons of 1/24th an 1/25th scale kits and one 1/20th scale, and also some 1/35th scale, but none this big. And I love that it is a split! Nice panscrapper stance as well.

Kevin

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

cant wait for updates on this build, love the v dubs...............bought the same kit but had to buy another one as the first one the body had some warpage so i dunk the body in hot water and the top back halve of the roof caved in, very thin and brittle but wanting to see how yours comes out before i decide which way to go on mine.............

Edited by Darren B

• 4 weeks later...