Model Cars Magazine Forum

Historic Racing Community Build

W-409

Ok, this should work, if there is any interest.

Community build for race cars, track racing, like 1965 LeMans 24 hour race winner, for example.This is for Historic cars. You can build somekind of drifting machine if you want, but the car must be produced BEFORE or exactly year 1990. So you can build quite new cars, if you want... Drag Race- cars are of course allowed!

You can build American Cars, European, Japanese cars... There are no limits, but it must be historic. It can be imaginary car or real but main thing is that it's produced before or exactly in 1990.

There is NO deadline! Build as long as it takes, and it's still possible to join in!

Any questions or if you would like to enter, reply to this topic and tell it.

Thank you

-Niko

Here is the official entry list!

Highway

-??

Jantrix

- '57 Chevrolet Nomad

Monte's Motors

- '66 Ford Fairlane Super Stock

mopar01lee

- '75 Dodge Dart Short Track Late Model Sportsman

W-409

- Chevrolet Corvette Roadsport/V8

-Austin Healey Historic Racer

-'82 Corvette Outlaw Street

-'71 Plymouth Cuda Pro Stock

Bluesman Mark

- 1970 GTO Dirt Tracker

Adam144

- Lotus John Player Special Formula One

Clay

- '53 Stude Pro Mod

LAone

- 1985 Toyota Corolla Levin N2.

BeeMopar

- 85 Regal

gregbbear

- Sauber Mercedes C9

Voljeepx

- Kurtis Midget car and trailer

Donnie Boger

- MPC Motown Missile 72 Cuda

- Johan Sox and Martin 70 Superbird

- Johan Sox and Martin 71 Cuda

Andy C.

- Chi Town Hustler - Finished, http://www.modelcars...ndpost&p=566238

Rob Z

- Stars & Stripes Corvette

CorvairJim

- 1966 Corvair Yenko Stinger

- Corvair Gasser!

a/gass

- Jenkins Red & White 66 Nova

- Archway Ford`s Flyin`Flivver T-Bolt

- 55-57 Chevy Truck & 57 Fairlane

RatGasser

- Ford Maverick Drag Racer

- 1969 Rambler American ''Roadsport V8''

bandit1

- 64 Ford Fairlane

Swifster

- '63 Volkswagen Beetle

wgflatliner

- Sauber C9 Mercedes, Finished http://www.modelcars...ndpost&p=613995

- Toyota Tom's 84C LeMans

- Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 rally car

patami

- Locost

Dirkpitt289

-1986 Mustang GTO Racer

Haubenschild

-1968 McLaren M8A -Finished, http://www.modelcars...ndpost&p=608308

- Lotus 25 (restored version)

- 1976 McLaren M23

vwrabbit

-1955 Corvette - Tribute to the 150mph milestone record setting Vette.

Edited by W-409

Ok, this should work, if there is any interest.

Community build for race cars, track racing, like 1965 LeMans 24 hour race winner, for example.This is for Historic cars. You can build somekind of drifting machine if you want, but the car must be produced BEFORE or exactly year 1990. So you can build quite new cars, if you want...

You can build American Cars, European, Japanese cars... There are no limits, but it must be historic. It can be imaginary car or real but main thing is that it's produced before or exactly in 1990.

Deadline would be in december 31st 2011.

Any questions or if you would like to enter, reply to this topic and tell it.

Thank you

-Niko

The car or the kit before 1990? '66 Fairlane?

Any type race car? Home track dirt car?

Yes, '66 Fairlane is good. All cars, produced before or exactly in year 1990. Yes, it's possible to enter with '66 Fairlane. But it's NOT possible to enter with '95 Volvo 940, for example. I know, there is no kit from 940 Volvo, but it's just an example.

Dirt racer is possible to build, anything what is produced before or exactly in 1990 and car is for dirt race, LeMans type cars, Nascars and so on...

And you can build replicas OR just looking like could be raced back in the day. BUT you can build also drifting cars, for example... That's quite new style, but it's possible to build drifter IF you build it from a car, built before or exactly in 1990. EXAMPLE: it's possible to build drifting- car from '75 Buick Skyhawk, if you want.

It doesn't matter what is the style of your build, the main thing is that the car is built in a factory before or exactly in year 1990.

Clear enough?

Sounds good to me, count me IN! I've got a few race cars just begging to get out of the box.

Wohoo! That's the first entry!!! Thank you. But please, tell me what is the car you join with, it's a little easier to me to count those, if one builder builds more than one car. Thanks.

Wohoo! That's the first entry!!! Thank you. But please, tell me what is the car you join with, it's a little easier to me to count those, if one builder builds more than one car. Thanks.

I'll let you know as soon as I figure it out, because I have a few other community builds that have to get down before the end of this year. As soon as I get them done, I'll be getting one off the shelf for this build. :rolleyes:

First off, I would like to thank Niko for this great build idea.

:)

I'm in :D

Gonna build a '66 Ford Fairlane.

It will be as a Super Stock as they were in the late '60's

Today the Super Stock class are called Late Models.

The car raced at Macon Speedway in Illinois. It was red with white rims and numbers. In later years the driver Jim Ater drove an early '70's Maverick that he called the "Dirt Squirt".

Allright, you are on the list. I put my car too, it will be Chevy Corvette Roadsport/V8. This style.

When your name is on the entry list, and you start building, put all information and pictures from your build to this topic. It's nice to see that here are a few entries right now, but it would be cool to get here more people to the build...

Edited by W-409

Allright, you are on the list. I put my car too, it will be Chevy Corvette Roadsport/V8. This style.

When your name is on the entry list, and you start building, make a topic to On the workbench- section. There you make clear to everybody that this build belongs to Historic Racing Community Build. Thank you.

Niko,

I thought that's why the Community section was created, so Community builds would be there. :blink::)

Niko,

I thought that's why the Community section was created, so Community builds would be there. :blink::)

Oh yes! I just remeber how those Jairus Watson Atwork Challenge builds were on the workbench section. So put your builds here!!!

Sorry.

That's a great start for your Fairlane. Looks good! The situation of my Corvette: Still waiting for some stripper for paint, I must get it soon. I post pictures when I have something to show you.

Now this community build is started, but more entrys would not be bad thing! <_< Get in! B)

Not sure when i'll get to it but i'm newly back to modelling after a long hiatus with a couple builds on the go to get my feet wet at the moment.

But if i'm allowed to follow along i'll build a Tamiya Lotus John Player Special Formula One car. It's a box stock kit if that's acceptable?

Thanks.

Oh yes, thank you Adam! You are in! :( Thank you for entering. It's great to hear when old modeler says that is coming back to building model cars. My dad started few year ago too, he had about 20 years break.

But anyways, that Formula one car is acceptable, so thank you for entering to this community build! :lol:

I don't want to give the notion that i'm old, it's been 16 years since I last built when I was about 10 years old. I used to put them together box stock and slap the decals on, no paint. But i've been a huge diecast collector my whole life. The details some of the modellers on this forum and others has always intrigued me and I decided to jump back into it and give it a shot.

Anyway, I look forward to starting on it when I can. If you haven't heard from me starting within a few weeks, shoot me a PM to get me in gear hahaha. I'm always around.

Some of these builds sound really interesting. Can't wait to see them.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I'm not sure, because it's build which is allowed to this build but if I say "yes" I'm afraid that there comes 10 just finished builds... Not sure about it... But one thing, I'm sure. If you build another one and post some pictures from it to this topic, then you are in and I think that if you build another one, I will get you in with that Monogram 1952 Midget also. But I think about it. :D