Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hey fellas this is my first Semi since i was a kid the plans are to build a heavy hauler with full working lights and full details. Im starting with the Revelle of Germanys Peterbuild Wrecker, Im a Kenworth man so I bought a T-800 cab and hood conversion this will give me a more modern truck and will require me to move the front suspension back 7 scale inches(or 7mm). This will be a multimedia build I will do some modifing and some scratch building, I have also purchased some products to enhance the out come. Anyway Nuff said enjoy the pics.

I started with this....

truckchassis001.jpg

im outta my realm with this one so this will be the first time in 20 years that ive used the instructions (good this to cause the instruction book is 35 pages long)....

truckchassis002.jpg

here you see the cab that comes with the kit, and the resin cab and hood I purchased.....

truckchassis004.jpg

truckchassis003.jpg

some of the goodie I bought....

truckchassis006.jpg

truckchassis007.jpg

Here I have the front suspension moved back 7 scale inches

truckchassis010.jpg

Man! look at how long this frame is...

truckchassis011.jpg

This is the bracket that holds the power steering unit I had to remove it from another frame to replace the one I had to destory when moving the suspension back.

truckchassis012.jpg

Edited by Aftashox

Here you see the bracket has been removed and ready to be filed down....

truckchassis013.jpg

and here its been relocated.....

truckchassis014.jpg

AHHHH the wheels are in the right place

truckchassis015.jpg

truckchassis017.jpg

these wheels require that you put the lug nuts on.....

truckchassis018.jpg

truckchassis019.jpg

truckchassis021.jpg

here a pic of the finish chassis almost ready for painting, I figured I'd put it all tigether because it all painted black

truckchassis022.jpg

Edited by Aftashox

Also, where did you get the after market parts? I have a Semi on the back burner because the tires are warped.

Hey Clay the Novas not done yet,but very close just have to finish the rear end and the hidden rollcage. The aftermarket parts come from a guy named Howard in Europe his store is called KFS you can view his items on his website http://www.kitformservices.com he's got some really nice stuff check him out and tell him Romell sent ya! LOL thx for the compliments also.

Man Romell,

That is a big project! lol looks cool so far. Love the wheels and tires, I have seen his parts before they are nice. I saw some of the stuff you got n the pics very cool. This thing is gonna be sweeeeeet when finished and with lights WOW! I havnt built a rig in like 20yrs myself.

Manny

All Howard's prices have that funny L in front and I don't know what it would amount to in dollars.

Ah ha......here you go:

http://www.x-rates.com/calculator.html

I been driving trucks for 35 years, but never got into buildin' 'em because I never liked the kit tires and wheels. These look fantastic, but at 100 bucks....whew!

This is very interesting for sure.

Edited by roadhawg

I think this is going to be interesting.

Isn't it expensive to buy stuff from overseas and have it shipped to USA? All Howard's prices have that funny L in front and I don't know what it would amount to in dollars.

Its no more expensive than you would pay here in the states , they drop the 16% tax on it and the shipping is about the same. I saw these same wheels on a site based here in the states and he wanted 180 bucks for it I came out cheaper getting them from KFS. :)

Ah, shouldn't this be down in the Truck area? That is where mine is located at.

Romell, bro, I'll be watching this one for sure man. Man, this will be fun, two guys kinda doing the same kinda of build LOL, I just hope you don't run into half the issues on yours that I did on mine though.

I also found out from Mark and to what he told me was that his stuff didn't come from the KFS place.. he did look at them though. So now I'm puzzled to where or which place his stuff came from.

I do know there is another company he IS waiting for parts from that they are taking there sweet loving time at just getting back to him about.. soon as I find out from him what place this is I will post it. I been getting on his butt the last few weeks about it.. as he been talking with them for over afew months now about ordering stuff, at first the person at the company told him they was out of the stuff he wanted then when he got ahold of them again to check up they said they had the stuff come in but didn't take inventory though yet and then the next email they told him they was moving across the street to the bigger building. That was the last he heard from them until like a week ago when they emailed him and told him the parts was in but when he emailed them back he hasn't heard anything yet. He doesn't want to order anymore stuff from anyone until he gets this order.

Edited by m0parman

Hey Clay the Novas not done yet,but very close just have to finish the rear end and the hidden rollcage. The aftermarket parts come from a guy named Howard in Europe his store is called KFS you can view his items on his website http://www.kitformservices.com he's got some really nice stuff check him out and tell him Romell sent ya! LOL thx for the compliments also.

He has some great stuff. Expensive, but great. I dont really understand how to order though.

He has some great stuff. Expensive, but great. I dont really understand how to order though.

Hey Clay just email him with the part number you want and provide him with you CC info and mailing address and he'll do the rest. also tell him what your working on and he'll make sure you get the right parts ie.1/24th as opposed to 1/25th And he'll also let you know what your total is in USD. :lol: Dont forget that hes one day ahead of us so when you send your email it will probably be the middle of the night in Europe so exspect a reply the next day.

Edited by Aftashox

Ok now knowing your detail work im gonna have to say this build is going to be....................how do i say...................crazy(no that wont work)..........................awsome(nahh not good enough)............................SICK(that sounds bad)...............................Wait i know how about crazyawsomesickness LOL im going to keep a eye out on this one bro im guessing its going to get real interesting (note pad:check...pen:check... ok im ready to take notes)

Ok now knowing your detail work im gonna have to say this build is going to be....................how do i say...................crazy(no that wont work)..........................awsome(nahh not good enough)............................SICK(that sounds bad)...............................Wait i know how about crazyawsomesickness LOL im going to keep a eye out on this one bro im guessing its going to get real interesting (note pad:check...pen:check... ok im ready to take notes)

ROFL !!!! CRAZYAWESOMESICKNESS!!!! :lol: we have new word folks, Man i had to read this comment twice, Thx Evilone compliment duely noted! B)