Model Cars Magazine Forum

'32 Ford Flathead Roaster

rmvw guy

This is my AMT '32 Ford from a CBP. When the V8 Ford was first introduced in 1932 the previous 4 cylinder engine often had more HP than the V8 because of hot rodders. That and the resent introduction of the Rat Roaster is why I am calling this the Flathead Roaster. This is based on a '50's hot rod. My inspiration came from a photo in a book called Hot Rods. Modifications include a hot rod 4 cylinder with a split exhaust manifold and twin carburetors, '40 Ford dropped front axle with pose-able steering, open trunk with tools, open cowl vent, bobbed rear fenders and Testors Mystic Emerald paint.DSC04578_zpsb7339de3.jpgDSC04576_zps6418220d.jpgDSC04575_zps6cf6f615.jpgDSC04574_zps44f61424.jpgDSC04569_zps53b009ad.jpg

Edited by rmvw guy

This is some really nice work.... I like what you did with and old AMT kit..... These are still some of my sentimental favorites (many of my first ever builds in the 50's and 60's)....you did a great job here!!!

Thanks again today for all the comments which once again made my day. I think this is probably the most compliments I have ever received on a model in such a short period of time. To me this shows the popularity that still exists for these old AMT '32s. They are still a simple fun build the way it all started for me and probably for a lot of you. :)