Model Cars Magazine Forum

dodge pilot house trucks, any out there?

I have a few of the SJS pieces. I have the Studebaker Champ pickup, the ice cream truck and their phone company truck body.

A funny story... back then my inlaws asked me what I wanted for a present. I thought it would be fool proof to take the SJS order form, fill it out and hand it to them. All they needed to do was write a check, mail it and wait for the package. Instant present. My inlaws were very old school and believed all the cautions that Readers Digest warned them about. One of those was not trusting companies through the mails.

So my mother in law called up SJS to inquire. She no doubt grilled him about her apprehensions about mailing a check and maybe not getting product. She convinced him to send her the kits and when she received them she'd mail him a check! I don't picture any mail order company doing that, but it somehow worked out and I got the kits for Christmas.

I have a few of the SJS pieces. I have the Studebaker Champ pickup, the ice cream truck and their phone company truck body.

A funny story... back then my inlaws asked me what I wanted for a present. I thought it would be fool proof to take the SJS order form, fill it out and hand it to them. All they needed to do was write a check, mail it and wait for the package. Instant present. My inlaws were very old school and believed all the cautions that Readers Digest warned them about. One of those was not trusting companies through the mails.

So my mother in law called up SJS to inquire. She no doubt grilled him about her apprehensions about mailing a check and maybe not getting product. She convinced him to send her the kits and when she received them she'd mail him a check! I don't picture any mail order company doing that, but it somehow worked out and I got the kits for Christmas.

I had relatives like that....

Thank God they're gone now, as they applied a similar mentality to everything!

Charlie Larkin