Model Cars Magazine Forum

isnt this the lovliest house youve ever seen??

That makes more sense today with modern engines and pressurized fuel systems. Today’s cars really don't stink much but the older cars with their vented gas tanks and carburetors smelled of gas and oil all the time. Even the new ones!

It's sort of like smokers... you really notice them now that smoking is all but banned, but there was a time when you walked into a building and really didn't notice. It was simply a part of the ambiance.

It’s the same thing with older cars.

A high school friend of mine discovered that the family room in his house was once a garage and the overhead door was behind the wall. He opened it up to allow a car inside his family room and now his fully restored, gold spinner award winning '67 Camaro Pace Car Convertible sits on display.

He also has several "spare" bedrooms that are lined with NOS replacement parts for his collection of approximately 10 first generation Camaro's that based upon the current market, are outperforming any mutual fund!

Needless to say, he is a confirmed bachelor and enjoys his passion for cars.

Mike scheve

Many years ago, my oldest sister waz married to the son of a Cuban cigar Patron in Tampa. Tha Father-in-Law lived on Davis Island and tha front wall of his house had a very large set of barn doors in tha wall. Behind those doors F-in-L kept his Mint Collection of eight 19 -ought Rolls Royces including some Silver Ghosts. :D

My sis rode ina 1919 Rolls from tha Synagogue to tha airport. :wink:

Zeb :twisted:

thats a cool concept; that car is sculpture though i would be almost sure, with all fluids and "stinky stuff" drained out.

but if it were mine i would have my birdcage, my d-jaguar and my lotus 15 parked in the front room.

if i had any of those.

or a house.