Model Cars Magazine Forum

My latest build will be a 1965 Chevrolet Biscayne wagon. I'm waiting on the body from the Modelhaus. This car will be a replica of the cars the Butler County Sheriff had in 1965. This will be the second one I have built, as I done one for my Father a few years back to replicate his first patrol unit. Running for Sheriff in 1964 , James Hixon won the election on a promise to provide ambulance service to the unincorporated area's of the county, hence the use for wagons. This practice went on till the very early 70's. This build is a compliment car to the Monaco I just finished. It's more or less a visual history of the sheriff's dept.

I'm just beginning to assemble part's , but the engine is almost complete. Just need's a few more paint detail's to wrap it up. Thanks for looking, and hope some of you follow along. Dave.

396 BB Chevy. The actual patrol cars were equipped with this very engine. Since these photo's were took, I have added brackets for the AC and the alternator.

100_3093-vi.jpg

100_3092-vi.jpg

Edited by FIREMODELMAN

I'll be following along Dave. I just got the Modelhaus body a couple of months ago, with a similar project in mind. The body is very nice, and the conversion from an Impala to Biscayne should go smoothly. I'm leaning towards a Boston PD wagon, as they used quite a few Chevy wagons in the 60s.

I/m looking forward to this one, as I haven't seen a '65 wagon done yet. Nice details and plumbing on the engine, looks like a hybrid with the diode fuel filter, LOL (I zoomed in on the pic) - a clever idea. Obviously you know a few tricks for detailing. Big motor for a Biscayne, must have been a blast to drive at speed! Keep up the good work!

Bob

I'll be following along Dave. I just got the Modelhaus body a couple of months ago, with a similar project in mind. The body is very nice, and the conversion from an Impala to Biscayne should go smoothly. I'm leaning towards a Boston PD wagon, as they used quite a few Chevy wagons in the 60s.

Thanks for the compliments guy's.

Tom, I have a few saved pic's of those Boston cars. I've wanted to do one myself. Although after I went over my stock on hand, I don't have anymore 'Biscayne" scripts left. She may just go together as an Impala wagon. Time may permit trying to order more?