Model Cars Magazine Forum

Who makes the best 2002-later mini Cooper kit? Fujimi or Revell?

Darin Bastedo

I've only built the Revell:

GiantMiniLF1-vi.jpg

GiantMiniRRhigh-vi.jpg

It's a decent kit of the base Mini, nothing special, but it goes together fine. The toughest part as I recall is getting the black window surrounds to look right.

I've got an unbuilt Fujimi Cooper S on the shelf, so I looked it over last night. The basic idea is the same as the Revell, but I'd agree the Fujimi is better - more detail, crisper engraving - but it's also at least twice the price, so I think it depends on your intentions and budget.

• 5 years later...

Since I got the Model Car Garage photo-etch detail for the MINI, knowing it was intended for the Revell kit, I wanted to see who has reviewed it.  Apparently not many have, most searched posts are for the original classic, not the BMW MINI.

I built the Fujimi kit of the "One" version, the plain base model (obviously modified).  Compared to the photos above, would say the Revell headlights are horrible!  Is the Revell LHD?  I noticed the Fujimi had four indents underneath the cowl for the wipers, like there is a LHD version, but I had to modify mine from RHD.

IMG_6684_Fotor.jpg

1 hour ago, 89AKurt said:

Is the Revell LHD?  I noticed the Fujimi had four indents underneath the cowl for the wipers, like there is a LHD version, but I had to modify mine from RHD.

Revell is LHD only .  Fujimi has both LHD and RHD in separate boxing.