Model Cars Magazine Forum

MPC Ohio George Montgomerys Mr Gasket aa/gasser, in clear ?

Greg Myers

They couldn't pull it off for the 16th Petty Charger I doubt they'll be able to do it for the gasser. :(

Scale may be the factor most responsible for that failure.

The smaller scale may make it more likely to work.

i think the kit your talking about is the 1969 ohio george mr gasket mustang gasser that was originally issued in clear plastic.a couple problems as far as accuracy i had with the original kit was the one piece body (no tilt front end),no rear fender flares,the front grille/spoiler needs modification. the chassis on the original kit was identical to the 1967 malco gasser mustang kit althouh the real mr gasket car had a somewhat different front suspension.the first mr gasket kit had blown 429 that george had in the car during a winter show circuit but i dont know if it was ever raced that way.it was first raced with a blown 427 sohc then later with a twin turbo 429.it will be good to see the reissue but i would not bet on any improvements to the original kit.

Is the reissue the '69 car or the flip-front '67? On Tower Hobbies, it says that the kit is the '67...the '69 was the one that originally had a clear body.

Don...in one of the Round 2 Newsletters lase year, they hinted that the '69 version might be reissued with the clear body....TIM

• 3 months later...

This would be a good kit to do a clear body for. $T2eC16JHJGkE9no8gJH7BRIW5tCknQ~~60_35.J

I agree, Greg! That would be an awesome kit for a clear body.

Here's another what-if suggestion: Kit the Dukes of Hazzard Charger in ALL clear parts ... not just the body. That way we wouldn't have to see it if someone built it! :lol::lol: :lol:

• 2 weeks later...