Model Cars Magazine Forum

When did you first truely realize your not the young buck you used to be?

When you spot a 70 Chevelle going down the road and it has an antique tag on the back... Then you remember walking into the dealership years before looking at the same year & model on the show room floor brand new.

I saw a mid eighties Grand Prix on the road today with an antique tag on the back! Heck, wasn't that car just new?

My first glimpse was many years ago when I noticed the centerfold in Playboy was a few years younger than me. I distinctly remember that moment and thinking "it's all down hill from here". I gave up looking at them not too long afterwards.

When my daughter turned 21 a couple of years ago she asked me "You know what this means Dad?" I said "No. What?" She said "This means you're getting old." I told her "No, this means you're getting old." (that shut her up)

It amazes me at times to think about how much time has passed from certain events in my life. I find myself saying in my mind "Was it really that long ago since...??" (I'm actually thinking of a few events as I am typing this.)

In all seriousness though, I have noticed over the last couple of years I seem to have lost some of the strength I used to have. To top it off I am finding it much easier to work on models if I am wearing my wife's readers.

Later-

Edited by Modlbldr

My first glimpse was many years ago when I noticed the centerfold in Playboy was a few years younger than me. I distinctly remember that moment and thinking "it's all down hill from here". I gave up looking at them not too long afterwards.

The day you realize that the waitresses, hair cutters and secretaries you flirt with are younger than your daughters! :D

Sitting on a park bench....

I think he means...

eyeing little girls with bad intent......

Or, if you like, there is always "Art Lover" by The Kinks.

"Sunday afternoon there's something special, it's just like another world.

Jogging in the park is my excuse to look at all the little girls."

Creepy! Lol!

Later-

Edited by Modlbldr

It was last Thursday when I was walking back to work from lunch at my usual rapid pace when I made a misstep off of a curb,fell down, and broke my nose.It's healing well with an almost unnoticeable shiner on one side and some minor scabbing to go with the 5 stitches on the bridge of my nose.No,I'm not going to slow down my walking pace.Then I'd REALLY feel old!

Being able to leap tall buildings, out run a bullet and wrestle trains for most of my life I was indestructible until that encounter with Kryptonite about three years ago.

Ever since I have been sluggish and some what tired. Gravity has had an effect as well, I just feel heavier! This all seems to have happened after 49 yrs. of life on this planet.