Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hot Dog Lovers = Tony Packo

My wife grew up by Jimmy's Hot Dog Stand and insists on no ketchup, EVER. We don't even have it in the house.

Andy - As long as it's a Vienna dog you'll taste it!

We have a place here on the west side called Glaziers. They sell the Vienna dogs, peppers, buns you name it. MrsG raids the place once a week now.

Oh and tamales too!

G

I totally agree that mustard belongs on a Hot Dog, and Ketchup belongs on a Burger and fries. I have to admit, to my mind though, pickles, peppers and tomatoes just don't seem to go on a Hot Dog. Relish, spicy mustard, onions, saurkraut OK...... Guess that maybe if I actually ever tried a Chicago Dog I might feel differently about it.

I also agree that pineapple (or any fruit) does NOT belong on a pizza. Cheese, pepperoni, sausage, meatball, tomatoes OK...... I've also never had a Chicago style deep dish pizza... they sound good, but I've never had one. Having been a New Yorker most of my life I like a thin crust pizza with extra cheese and meat toppings, and Hot Dogs with spicy mustard and onions in the red sauce.

......and my toilet paper comes over the top. :lol:

Why am I suddenly hungry???

Wayne, I remember Jimmy's Hot Dog stand very well on the corners of Grand and Pulaski Aves. A good friend of mine lived just down the street from Jimmy's, so I was there often. Mr. Norm's Grand Spaulding Dodge was close by that area as well. Those days were great times.

Enjoy your Shekago dogs all you want, I'll stick with mine Buffalo NY style. Just like Ted's with a big ole glass of Loganberry and maybe some beer battered onion rings. If anyone is in the Atlanta area I highly suggest you take a stop by Barkers red hots, that man knows how to cook a real hot dog.

I also agree that pineapple (or any fruit) does NOT belong on a pizza. Cheese, pepperoni, sausage, meatball, tomatoes OK

Why am I suddenly hungry???

Uuum, you do know that tomatoes are fruit, right? :P

I'll admit, I have tried a Chicago style dog, it was alright. But I'm more a of a chilli dog man.