Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell of Germany Ferarri 250 GTO

Steve D.

I'm currently working on a Gunze Sangyo curbside street GTO 250 . At the same I'm building a track version of the Macom Racing teams GTO , which happens to be the Revell kit . Everything is going great with the builds , only one problem . Revell does not supply enough of the red pinstriping decals to do the Malcom racing team car . When I first laid the decals out I had my suspicions but thought , nah , they'll fit fine . Well they don't , and now I need another set to complete this car . Keep this in mind if you plan on doing the Malcom car . The red pinstriping borders the white stripe on this scheme and really sets off the finish on this car . All the red striping decals came up short , makes me wonder what car they were measuring for these decals . Oh well be forewarned .... It's not that big a deal really , if I had known beforehand I would have made up my own stripes with lacquer and decal film .

Now I just need a couple of pieces to splice in what I have already started . SO IF ANYONE OUT THERE HAS THIS KIT AND IS NOT DOING THE MALCOM CAR I WILL GLADLY TRADE SOMETHING FOR THESE DECALS .

P.S. The white metal parts on the Gunze kit are really brittle (I'm not sure if it is due to age , or this is common ) and are presenting a building challenge . But the parts themselves are incredably detailed , and this kit is well worth the effort .

Take care and see you around the clubhouse ,

Steve D.

• 2 weeks later...