Model Cars Magazine Forum

72 Chevelle Prostreet - First model in 30 years

misterzr

I used to be big into modelling when I was a kid and found myself looking for a hobby to get into now. I am a muscle car fanatic and this first effort is a reproduction of the 1:1 version that I am also finishing this winter. Any comments or pointers would be welcome. This is based on the AMT 72 Chevelle kit ( Not the greatest fit and finish) I am trying to keep it as close to the original as possible so I have started on the 350 engine and have the paint somewhat finished. Going to be wiring and plumbing the engine.

Little Chevelle

PICT8181.jpg

3D Render I based the Big and little one on

72ChevelleOrange_Black_silver.jpg

1:1 Work in progress as well

P1010006.jpg

I used to be big into modelling when I was a kid and found myself looking for a hobby to get into now. I am a muscle car fanatic and this first effort is a reproduction of the 1:1 version that I am also finishing this winter. Any comments or pointers would be welcome. This is based on the AMT 72 Chevelle kit ( Not the greatest fit and finish) I am trying to keep it as close to the original as possible so I have started on the 350 engine and have the paint somewhat finished. Going to be wiring and plumbing the engine.

Little Chevelle

PICT8181.jpg

3D Render I based the Big and little one on

72ChevelleOrange_Black_silver.jpg

1:1 Work in progress as well

P1010006.jpg

looks real good so far

Hello there friend! Plz keep the pics comin man!! LOL This is my favorite chevelle hands dwn.. The color treatment is just right both scale and 1:1 you got :blink:

A question for you if ya dont mind.. I have the amt kit and wanted to know what ya ran into sorta-speak about the kit... Thanks in advance and plz keep on wit the keepin on!!!

peace

ajulia

ajulia - If you are building the same kit my comments on this one are.... detail sucks. there are a few challenges in trying to make a decnet looking model. Moulding of the body is not great make sure you get a few coats of primer on it before paint, it will take a little blocking to get rid of the many flaws(but I am a little bit of a perfectionist onpaint, spent 15 years in the body shop trade on 1:1's)

Modellpularn - Thanks for the comments and great to see another Chevy fan, and from Sweden no less, very cool

Have been working on the engine detail and will post a couple of pics soon, using the 350 out of the Johnny Lightning 55 Nomad and some of the engine parts from the 66 Nova Restorod, this kit has some cool aftermarket parts. A nice set of headers and even a racing helmet.